Cookies In The Shape Of Rhode Island - Part Two

Baking By Reganlynn Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 8:14pm by Reganlynn

Reganlynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Reganlynn Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 8

Hello, I have been asked to make a cookie in the shape of Rhode Island. I found out what the client wants. A plain iced cookie with either : A) the word Rhode Island spelled out or B) plain iced cookie with the letters RI in the center. My handwritting is horrible, especially on cookies! I bought the fondant cut outs today of the alphabet, I was thinking about making the letters out of fondant? Will that work? The set comes with all capital letters, except the letter I...I can't do a lowercase I, can I? I think for the initital of a state I should use capitals. Any suggestions?

Thank You!!

7 replies
Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 8

you should use upper case for the initials. i wonder why the set didnt come with an upper case I.

You could find a font you like on you computer, print it to the size you want and make a stencil out of it. Maybe if you laminate it you can use it over and over again.

I know the state flower is a violet so maybe you could do that or the state seal has an anchor on it.

Just a couple of options.

Are you from RI?

Have fun!!

~Shannon

Reganlynn Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, I am from RI. Barrington.

She doesn't want any design on the cookies at all, I suggested the yellow anchor and blue stars. She wants either a white cookie with blue letters, or a blue cookie with white letters. But she wants either RI, or Rhode Island. If I make a stencil, like you said, how can I cut out the letters with it...I don't know how to make one.

Shanille21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanille21 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 8

How funyy i live in east providence...we're neighbors...lol

If you want to cut out the fondant i would just cut out the letters from the computer paper and place that on the fondan. then cut around that. then place the fondant on the cookie.

if you want a stencil for royal i would cut a square around the letters then cut out the letters leaving a negative space then plac ethat on your cookie and frost with royal icing.

Now i have never done this but i guess i feeling creative today... icon_lol.gif

how long have you been doing cookies?

Nice to see local people on here.

~Shannon

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 6:23am
post #5 of 8

That is so odd it doesn't have the letter I. I would use the cutters. Use the L, and just trim the leg. That will be way easier than making a stencil.

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #6 of 8

I have a suggestion for you...you can print out the font you want on the computer, put a piece of parchment paper over the font, and just trace over the font with your royal icing. Let it dry, and then carefully transfer the royal letters to the top of your cookie. If you would like to see a better explanation of this, visit the blog "Bake at 350" and she actually shows you how to do this. Hope this helps. Best of luck, I look forward to seeing the finished cookies.

http://bakeat350.blogspot.com/search/label/monograms

Joanne914 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joanne914 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:58pm
post #7 of 8

sorry, forgot to say, scroll down until you see the "H" and she will show you how to do this technique.

Reganlynn Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:14pm
post #8 of 8

Thank you Joanne914, this sounds very easy to do!! And all the cookies will look the same, which is what I really want!

Thank You!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%