I Am In Awe!!

Decorating By tanyascakes Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 1:19am by superstar

tanyascakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 17

Ladies and gentlemen, you all are some of the most talented decorators I have ever seen. I am totally star struck by some of the creations I am seeing on here in the last few months!! I am a total novice still. And I haven't made a cake in awhile since I have been in the midst of moving back stateside from overseas!!! I can't tell you all how very proud I am to be in the presence of such genius!! You all are so fantastic. I don't really have the words to express it all. Just know that I will be striving to reach some of the heights you all have attained--whenever I can get all my stuff unboxed again! Get a mirror out and take a bow to yourselves in it. I am clapping and cheering for each of you on the site!! Bravo and thanks again for sharing the beauty of your exceptional designs!!!

16 replies
tone Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 17

Very well said. I don't post often but I do read and look at the cakes here. Mucho talented and very helpful. I haven't been doing cakes for awhile due to my job that pays the bills but I am hoping it will slow down enough that I can. And thanks to everyone on here, I do figure they will look better than they have.

So to reiterate...THANK YOU.

SugaredUp Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 17

Ditto (to quote Wayne's World - one of my favorite movies) "We're not worthy, we're not worthy!"

Price Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 17

What a nice post! I have been on CC for quite awhile now and I have to say, I haved learned more here about cake decorating than I ever would have imagined. There is an endless wealth of knowledge on this forum, and most people are very open and willing to share. I didn't even know there was such a thing as making figures out of fondant until I saw Aine2's work. She is amazing and I'm now hooked on figures!

lorrieg Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 17

It's amazing isn't it? Such talent and inspiration! And I find the help that CCers will give you is invaluable.

They are all my idols every one. I just don't have enough darn pedestals around here to put you all on! icon_biggrin.gif

mjs4492 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:00pm
post #6 of 17

I agree - what a nice thread!!!

I am not a "newbie" but I am definitely still in the learning mode. The help and ideas found here from others is greatly appreciated! thumbs_up.gif

kellertur Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #7 of 17

This is a pleasant post to read. I am also amazed by the talent on here and learning everyday.

By the way Tanyascakes~ Your cakes are good, so dont' see yourself short. thumbs_up.gif

MacsMom Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 17

I've learned everything I know from everyone here! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you thumbs_up.gif

tanyascakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:14pm
post #9 of 17

Thanks for that K2cakes. But it has been a long time since I made a cake. I used to practice all the time. But now I am in a rut, before the move even. Now I am clearing out boxes and wishing I had a reason to get in some practice! At least I can get on here and long for the days when I will be able to again.

seagoat Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #10 of 17

I'll agree, I love this site and it's members! Thank you everyone for your beautiful cakes, great advice, tutorials, jokes...everything! And especially for being here when ever I need my "fix"!

seagoat Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:27pm
post #11 of 17

So, how is it moving back? How long were you gone for and where were you? I sometimes wonder about the transition from Jungle to Metropolis.

pam29 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:47pm
post #12 of 17

I just have to say I agree. I am VERY new to all of this and I could not have come as far as I have in such a short period of time without all the advice and inspiration from this site. I have so much to learn yet, but it is encouraging to know that there are so many of you willing to help and offer advice. I only hope that someday my cakes are half as good as the ones I see on this site. Thank you to you all and keep posting those beautiful cakes!

jjkarm Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:19pm
post #13 of 17

I think finding this web site was like finding a gold mine!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I'm always amazed at how willing everyone is to share their best recipes and techniques so we can all learn and become better. I'm also shocked that many of you who are professionals in this field are so willing to share, and will take your time to help "wing-nuts" like me! icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Like I said....GOLD MINE!!! thumbs_up.gif Thank you so much!

kellertur Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:44am
post #14 of 17
Originally Posted by K2cakes

dont' see yourself short. thumbs_up.gif

Sorry folks... that was meant to read, "Don't SELL yourself short".

~hit the wrong button. icon_redface.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:04am
post #15 of 17

It's amazing isn't it? Such talent and inspiration! And I find the help that CCers will give you is invaluable... Well said lorrieg.
I have also learned sooo much from this site, And made some great cake/cookie/ cupcake buddies to!
Thanks so much to all of you that share your talent with everyone !

terrylee Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:06am
post #16 of 17

Well welcome back home......

you said it so well....so much talent, so much help, so much compasion, BEST SITE EVER.

Thank you CC members..... and again, Welcome back.

superstar Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #17 of 17

I thank Jackie & Heath every day for giving us this wonderful site. I have said it before & I say it again CC is my extended family, I have made some really good friends here & hope we will always be friends. I also want to say that the day I say I have nothing more to learn will be the day I die, there is always something new to learn, so Tanya & all of you, we will all learn together. We want to see some new cakes from you soon.

Quote by @%username% on %date%