How Are We Supossed To Make Any Money At This...

Decorating By mellormom Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm by GeminiRJ

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 17

when there is so much cool stuff to buy! Everyday I find something new I just have to have! Fortunately my budget keeps my supplies from taking over the whole house. icon_smile.gif (my kitchen on the other hand....) And I have only been doing this a year!

icon_cry.gif
Jen...

16 replies
GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 17

Yeah, I found out about Oreo molds on this site. I now have so many (because you can't get just one) that a whole portion of my cake cupboard is stocked with these things! I hate to think of how many cookie cutters I've added to my collection since joining CC, too. (Too many, "Oh, that's cute...gotta have it!")

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 17

Oreo molds? Never heard of them. Where can I find them?

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:36pm
post #4 of 17

I here ya! I told my dh I will need to find someone who would love to inherit my stuff when I'm gone. detective.gif (and love to use it as much as I have) None of my children are interested in making cakes! icon_cry.gif I don't want all my things just going to good will.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:38pm
post #5 of 17

We moved into our house about 5 years ago and I couldnt believe how much kitchen space I had. Now I cant figure out where I can put things because Im overflowing with cake stuff!!! Definetly addicting!

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlharvell

Spinningleaf (sp?) has a tremendous selection of high quality molds, a video to show you how to do the chocolate covered Oreos, and fantastic service! I don't know if they're still doing it, but new customers were given a free mold with their first purchase.

P.S.- Use Doublestuffs when doing these, or there will be too much chocolate (that's coming from someone who LOVES chocolate). And the mint Doublestuffs are divine!

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:42pm
post #7 of 17

Oh yeah, I agree. The different cake stands alone cost a lot, and I'm talking about the clear PVC ones you can get from Glass on Silk and they are reasonable and fast shipping. I'm not making much at all on that one! I was so frustrated this weekend with a wedding cake that turned out just awful, and said I was going to quit. My daughter said, don't quit mom. I want to work with you when I'm older. She's 7 years old and loves to decorate. I just have having to buy everything all the time. I'm off to Hobby Lobby for greenery, etc. Thankfully they run sales all the time. Hang in there! I won't tell you what I spend with CK Products and Hobby Lobby with the 40% off Wilton Coupon. TOO MUCH!

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:50pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Quote:

Spinningleaf (sp?) has a tremendous selection of high quality molds, a video to show you how to do the chocolate covered Oreos, and fantastic service! I don't know if they're still doing it, but new customers were given a free mold with their first purchase.

P.S.- Use Doublestuffs when doing these, or there will be too much chocolate (that's coming from someone who LOVES chocolate). And the mint Doublestuffs are divine!

http://www.spinningleaf.com/cookie-molds/index.php

But seriously, don't go to this site unless you want to get sucked in!! These are fabulous and so easy! Fill a cavity halfway, push in a cookie and top off with more chocolate adn let set. It's that easy.

I took these to a girls' beach weekend and a friend of mine, after eating a peanut butter chocolate covered oreo came over and kissed me on top of my head!

yayadesigns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yayadesigns Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:54pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by thems_my_kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Quote:

http://www.spinningleaf.com/cookie-molds/index.php

But seriously, don't go to this site unless you want to get sucked in!! These are fabulous and so easy! Fill a cavity halfway, push in a cookie and top off with more chocolate adn let set. It's that easy.

I took these to a girls' beach weekend and a friend of mine, after eating a peanut butter chocolate covered oreo came over and kissed me on top of my head!

Ok, I am soooo in on this. That sounds absolutely divine...would you mind sharing the recipe for the PB chocolate?

Monna7122 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monna7122 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:13pm
post #10 of 17

OK I'm sucked in. I have been dipping oreos and ritz since I was 4, my grandmother taught me and it has been a Christmas tradition at my house since. I love doing it, but it gets kinda tedious standing and dipping in the double boiler then dipping out etc. I love the how you can easily do the deco for the tops of them. (Another tedious task before.) Definately placing my order tomorrow. icon_redface.gifthumbs_up.gif

O and BTW. It really is a good thing I live so far from places like HobbyLobby. I don't do alot of net ordering, paranoid. But I will have to break that for those things. I will go broke once again!

thems_my_kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thems_my_kids Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:17pm
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayadesigns

Ok, I am soooo in on this. That sounds absolutely divine...would you mind sharing the recipe for the PB chocolate?

oh, sorry. I meant they were peanut butter filled oreos covered in chocolate.

yayadesigns Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:35pm
post #12 of 17
Quote:

Quote:

well I just placed my order at spinningleaf. I am actually teaching a cake decorating/candy making studio at my daughter's school this semester, so I think that I something the kids will have fun with (that is my excuse for ordering and I am sticking to it icon_biggrin.gif)

The PB filled oreos...I have not seen those...are they one of those limited edition flavors? I did order the mold for the nutterbutters in case I can't find the PB oreos.

yayadesigns Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm
post #13 of 17
Quote:

Quote:

well I just placed my order at spinningleaf. I am actually teaching a cake decorating/candy making studio at my daughter's school this semester, so I think that I something the kids will have fun with (that is my excuse for ordering and I am sticking to it icon_biggrin.gif)

The PB filled oreos...I have not seen those...are they one of those limited edition flavors? I did order the mold for the nutterbutters in case I can't find the PB oreos.

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:41pm
post #14 of 17

I don't think the PB Oreo's are a limited production. Places like WalMart seem to carry a bigger selection than my neigborhood gorcery store, though, so you might want to check there.

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:46am
post #15 of 17

I found banana cream filled Oreos at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. My DH smeared peanut butter on them and ate the whole box while I was sleeping! So, apparently their good. icon_biggrin.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:01pm
post #16 of 17

Hey, has anybody used those chocolate truffle molds for cake balls? Would that work?

GeminiRJ Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:07pm
post #17 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpierce

I found banana cream filled Oreos at Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago. My DH smeared peanut butter on them and ate the whole box while I was sleeping! So, apparently their good. icon_biggrin.gif

Banana cream?!!! Yummm! Looks like a trip to WalMart is in my weekend plans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%