What Is The Difference Between Chocolate Transfer And Fbct?

Decorating By charleezgal Updated 10 Sep 2008 , 10:44am by tmkdimples

charleezgal Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 7

I've done a few FBCT's and I'd like to do a horse that is all chocolate. I've seen on here, people talking about chocolate transfers. What is the difference and how is the technique done?


6 replies
PJ37 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 7

Similar techniques, but different "mediums"...Check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/kavingate/tags/chocolatetransfer/...to assist you with chocolate transfers.

PJ37 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 7

I see where the link doesn't work. Google "chocolate transfer" and there are some tutorials out there. Try this one http://agardenofcakes.blogspot.com/2007/11/chocolate-transfer-eeyores.html

This one by Merissa was the most helpful to me. http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=35817&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 7

Chocolate transfer is similar in technique to how you do it and the colors..outlining etc..as FBCT but with a chocolate transfer you are using tinted melted chocolate for the medium.

sweetjane Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm
post #5 of 7

I'd recommend you use chocolate MMF. Chocolate transfers are for transferring designs.

maimai16 Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:31am
post #6 of 7

hope this stupid question will be answered icon_biggrin.gif what is FBCT?

tmkdimples Posted 10 Sep 2008 , 10:44am
post #7 of 7

FBCT is a frozen butter cream transfer. I found this link to a good tutorial: http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%