Feels Like Christmas Morning...i Just Gotta Share!!

Decorating By mrswendel Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 2:51pm by tblide

mrswendel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrswendel Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:17pm
post #1 of 5

So, I am sure that alot of you have spouses like mine that don't share my enthusiasm for cakes (don't get me wrong, DH is very supportive) so when I got this call yesterday, he didn't get excited like I did.

A lovely lady called to say that she used to do cake decorating a number of years ago, but was in the process of selling her home and downsizing and was looking for a home for her cake decorating supplies....would I be interested? Absolutely. So went her home last night and told her I would take everything she had...what did she want for it all....how about $100.....sold. So this morning was like Christmas!

Her collection of things included approx 50 different books (Wilton yearbooks (79-89), Wilton Wedding cakes, etc), about 30 different pans (wonder molds, standup bear, lamb, hex, petal, etc), approx 100 different cutters/veiners, 20 separator plates, pegs, columns, acrylic stand, different size cake boards, boxes and a ton of sugar/chocolate molds, gumpaste people and baroque decoration molds. So much stuff...some of which I have never seen.

Anyway, I just wanted to share with other's who would share my enthusiasm for such a great find! Thanks for reading!!

4 replies
BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:33pm
post #2 of 5

wow,what a deal!! have fun with it all!

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 5

How exciting!!!! What a sweet lady too!

lorrieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorrieg Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 5

Well we will be excited for you! Woohoo!!!!!! party.gif Congratulations!

tblide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tblide Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 2:51pm
post #5 of 5

I too got a great deal on some cake decorating supplies. I found it on craigslist. This is the list of what was included for $100.

1. 101 cookie cutters never used
2. scooby doo cake pan, new
3. letter press kit (3)
4. cake leveler
5. 12" cake circles
6. rotating cake circle, new
7. pastry bag stand
8. disposable pasty bags
9. meringue powder, new
10. cake decorating caddy
11. multiple tips,
12. flower lifter, new
13. practice board, new
14. 7 icing spatula's, new
15. clear vanilla extract, new
16. wilson student decorating kit
17. 10 13.5 oz soft gel paste food coloring, all new never opened. leaf green,royal blue,redred,orange,superblack,lemon yellow,sky blue, violet, xmas red, tulip red
and there is some more little things that he didn't list.

And if that wasn't enough, there is 4 movies included Grey's Anatomy Season 1 & 2, Profiler Season 1 & 2, and WW2 documentary 8 disc set.

The DVDs by themselves are worth $100 or more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%