Electric Oven

Decorating By arwa Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 8:30am by arwa

arwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arwa Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 11

Hi,

I bought a new electric cooking range. Its has a gas top (stove) and an electric oven. The person who came to install it had no idea abt the different options for the oven. So now im confused and want ure help to know which one is the best. If someone even knows the difference between the options, it would b gr8 help. The options r :

Only Light
Only Upper coil
Only Lower Coil
Both coils ( thts wht im currently using)
Grill
Grill with fan
Only fan
n the last one i quite dont know. Its got a sign of a fan along with something like a snow flake.

Any help would really b appreciated ....

regards,
Arwa

10 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 11

can you search for the manufacturer of the stove to get a book for it?? some of the major manufacturers may have the manual on line so that they can be downloaded. Otherwise i would say order one.

arwa Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:54pm
post #3 of 11

Ive tried looking online but they dont have anything in detail.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:47pm
post #4 of 11

lets see i'm going to guess at a few of these.

The light only, is just that, just to turn it on and see whats happening in there. Good to dry some royal icing over night without heat.

Upper coil only, i use just the upper coil when broiling so this may be that feature.

Lower coil -never seen this, but perhaps if you have something that you don't want browned too much on top. (my oven has a hi/low broil but both use the top coil)

grill and grill with fan, don't know don't grill in the oven so wouldn't even begin to know, have you turned it on (wouldn't be surprised if this is the lower coil only on)

The fan with the snowflake, i would say this is a cool down mode for the oven. You turn this on to cool it off quicker, i think its supposed to save on the elements and such

Of course these are guesses, and if you can contact the manufacturer i still think thats the best way to go.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 11

Hey there. What brand is it? I have a down day today, I can look around for you if you want. Need the brand and model number.

arwa Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:34am
post #6 of 11

Its called La Germania n the model no. is D98261X

thnx so much!

mommyle Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:53am
post #7 of 11

Hmmm...
Ok, it's late, and I've had a couple of rums, so, I'm off to bed, but all I've found so far is this e-mail address for inquiries.
[email protected]

Try that and see what you get, but I will try again tomorrow when I'm more fresh!
Chat later.

arwa Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:55am
post #8 of 11

Thanx alot! I have sent them an email but havent got a reply yet.....

mommyle Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:58am
post #9 of 11

I'll keep looking... but bedtime first!
Chat later!

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:23am
post #10 of 11

the snowflake... i hv that option on my electric oven. i read up the manual, & it says, for defrosting food, but only to be used with certain temp (need to check the manual, i remember it was a very low temp).

arwa Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 8:30am
post #11 of 11

thnx.... so one down!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%