How Many Cups Of Batter?

Decorating By Melvira Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm by Melvira

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:02am
post #1 of 5

I invested in some Fat Daddio's sheet pans! Yay! I am so excited! If they work as well as I have been told then I want to start phasing out all my crappy old Wilton pans for the better ones.

Anyway, since sheet cakes are single layers and therefore seem kind of flat to me, I invested in 3" deep pans instead of 2". I got a 7" x 11" and a 9" x 13" to test out. Does anyone know how many cups of batter to put in these? I always use the Wilton guide for batter then add a titch more just to make them nice and full. Can anyone suggest an amount for me?? It's greatly appreciated! I can always 'wing' it and figure it out through trial and error, but asking you guys is so much more fun!!

4 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:25am
post #2 of 5

Gee, Mel, I never use those sizes, but I can tell you that I use 3 batters for my 3" 12X18, so I guess it would be 1-1/2 batters for the 9X13. But I collar all my pans so they rise up over the top, too. Then, after I remove the parchment (while cake is still in pan) I level it after 15 minutes. I use the edge of the pan as my guide.

PM me if you have any ???s

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:38pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks Theresa!! It's greatly appreciated. I do have a few q's so I think I will PM you right now!!

armywifebryan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
armywifebryan Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:57pm
post #4 of 5

According to wilton.com, a 9 x 13 pan that is 3" tall should have 11 1/2 cups of batter. Couldn't find the 7 x 11 pan. HTH

Teresa

Melvira Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:05pm
post #5 of 5

Yes it does, thank you!! I can just go down a little from there for that smaller pan. It looks like T(h)eresas to the rescue this time!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%