Brownie Cupcakes

Lounge By kimberlina25 Updated 4 Sep 2008 , 11:21am by michellenj

kimberlina25 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:44am
post #1 of 8

okay, i have been searching the internet trying to find a way of turning a regular old generic brand brownie mix, into cupcakes. i am not having much luck, has anyone done this? if so, did you have to alter the mixture any? was the bake time about the same as other cupcakes?

7 replies
sweetness_221 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:05am
post #2 of 8

Are you wanting the brownies to be more "cake-like" or are you just wanting to bake brownies in a cupcake pan? I bake brownies in a cupcake pan all the time. They are in my pictures. All I do is bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. I've even piped frosting on the top of them. DH's job loved them and said I could send goodies to them anytime. icon_lol.gif HTH.

michellenj Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #3 of 8

I use a recipe out of a Paula Deen book.

Here it is:

1 (18 oz) pkg DH Chewy Fudge Brownie Mix, prepared as directed for cakelike brownies
24 miniature Reeses cups, unwrapped

Preheat to 350.

Line cupcake pan w/ liners. Fill cupcake liners halfway with brownie batter, put in peanut butter cup, pressing in until batter meets top of peanut butter cup. (I use my Pampered Chef cookie scoop to fill them and it is the perfect size)

Bake 18-20 minutes.

kimberlina25 Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:47am
post #4 of 8

thanks to both of you. I ended up making the "cake " directions from the box and reduced the bake time. They turned out fantastic, my DH ate almost all of them!

nicegurl222 Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 8

i've always wanted to try brownie cupcakes. i think i will try that.

michellenj Posted 1 Sep 2008 , 1:50am
post #6 of 8

I like them, too, b/c they are a limited amount, so I can't cut tiny square after tiny square, and suddenly I have eaten much more than I should have.

ncbert Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 3:44am
post #7 of 8

I made some brownie cupcakes the other week. I just used a great recipe that I had got from allrecipes.com. I think I filled the liner half full and baked,but not sure for how long.

I actually made these so I could make some SMBC for the first time. I made SMBC with some chunky peanut butter in it. Oh my they were so delicious. I had frozen some of them,already iced and I think every nite after that I took one out and ate it. Defrost in microwave for 10-15 seconds and it's a wonderful thing!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Brownies/Detail.aspx

Nancy

michellenj Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 11:21am
post #8 of 8

Mmmmmm, that sounds good, nancy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%