Omg I Love Cake Truffles!!

Decorating By pinkbiz Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 3:13am by pinkbiz

pinkbiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkbiz Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:14am
post #1 of 10

i just made some because i wanted to see what it was all about !! i had made some cake last week and i had lots of scraps so i put them into a container and i put them in the freezer! so i didn't have any coffee cremer but i had coolwhip!! (love it) so i had both chocolate and vanilla cake but i tried it with chocolate(im a chocoholic) lol so i did everything like the instructions and covered them with chocolate and to some i added shreded chocolate my boyfriend looooovees coconut... well let me just say they were SOOOOO BUT SOOO GOOODDD. They tasted just like truffles it didn't even seem like it was cake and my boyfriend LOVED THEM! jeje and then my dad came by real quick to my house and i gave him some too he loved them too! jeje anyways just wanted to share!

9 replies
pinkbiz Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:15am
post #2 of 10

i meant shreded coconut lol told you im a chocoholic!!!

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:20am
post #3 of 10

I love them too! Whoever was the genius who invented them is my idol. If I make them, I have to keep like 10 and give the rest away, otherwise I will eat them all myself in a day or two.

pinkbiz Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:00am
post #4 of 10

i know i wish i made more i just did four to try but now i know and am def gonna keep making them with cool whip !!!

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #5 of 10

i have a quick question on the cake truffles. i have made them several times but my chocolate seizes up after a few are made. how do you keep that from happening?i keep the chocolate warm the whole time. i have stopped making them because it just becomes a chore and is not fun. any help would be appreciated.thanks.....................laura

DesignsByMandie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DesignsByMandie Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:26am
post #6 of 10

I am so excited....I have a cake coming up that I will have some scraps and I am SOO excited to try this....Heck I may just make a cake to use for these...I am going to have some company so they wont all go to my hips!!! hehehe....I will have to try the cool whip and the creamer!!! Thanks for the great idea pinkbiz!!! icon_smile.gif

pinkbiz Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 2:36am
post #7 of 10

your welcome!! the same thing happend to me with the chocolate thank god i only had 4 to do

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:06am
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by babybundt

i have a quick question on the cake truffles. i have made them several times but my chocolate seizes up after a few are made. how do you keep that from happening?i keep the chocolate warm the whole time. i have stopped making them because it just becomes a chore and is not fun. any help would be appreciated.thanks.....................laura

I saw an episode of Good Eats on truffles, and he used an ice cream scoop to dip out the chocolate and roll the centers around in. That might solve the problem--only a very small amount of chocolate would seize, but the majority would still be in the pot and untouched by moisture. You can wipe the scoop clean.

It was the kind of scoop with no scraper release things in it, to clarify, just the round bowl.

babybundt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybundt Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:14am
post #9 of 10

varika--thank you so much for that info. i may give it one more try........laura

pinkbiz Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:13am
post #10 of 10

ohh yeah i saw that episode i should have remember that well maybe next time!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%