Did You Guys Ever Have A Cake You Swear Was Cursed??!!!

Decorating By mbpbrighteyes Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 11:40pm by KKC

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:13am
post #1 of 5

Okay, so I'm a newbie here, but learning SO much and am totally addicted to CC!! I'm preparing for my last Wilton Course 1 class that's tomorrow, and I swear this cake is just cursed!!! Let's see.. first was all the time spent making the extra roses and flowers I wanted to have to make it look extra special (yes, I'm one of those perfectionist type people), that my 2 yr old found drying and thought it as great fun to smash. Next came the gray frosting... don't even ask. Then the cracked layer once the cake was crumb coated which required disassembling and reconstructing one layer less and then finally, all the stinking air bubbles in my BC (thanks to me being in a hurry!!!). ARRGGHHH!!!! Just thought I'd vent to those of you who I'm sure have had cursed cakes in your lifetime!!! (My husband thinks I'm nuts icon_smile.gif ).

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:47am
post #2 of 5

I've had a cursed cake before...I started to write a disaster post about it but I was just too upset icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif It's the yellow cake with the tropical flowers in my photos. I was making it for my daughter's birthday. First, she ate my flowers. Then I remade them and my older daughter picked them up to look and dropped the whole tray on the floor. Then I made some leaves and the ants got them. I had baked my cakes and wrapped them up really well with plastic wrap, but somehow an ant chewed its way in there I guess, and made a path for all the others. At 2 am when I went to unwrap that layer (and it was a 10" layer too) it was crawling with ants. So I sent my husband to the store for more cake mix and sour cream. My oven is missing the gasket, so when I bake it heats up the whole kitchen. It was hot enough in there that my crisco was melting in its tub. I got the tier rebaked and assembled somewhere around 6 am. Then I kept trying to cover it with fondant and it just wasn't happening. I had to pull the fondant off and throw it out twice before I got some to stick (thank goodness I had an extra ball of fondant stashed in the fridge as a backup). After that it was all right...but nothing like what I had planned, and really stressful because the next weekend I had to make a big cake for someone else, and this was my first big cake in the new apartment, so I was really worried it wouldn't work. It did, though icon_biggrin.gif

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:56am
post #3 of 5

LOL... Thats great!! Love the ants... my favorite part! I'm not alone- HOORAY!!! icon_biggrin.gif

mgdsue02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdsue02 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 1:27am
post #4 of 5

If I am making a cake for myself, just to practice some technique, it comes out great. No problems, everything perfect. Let me try to make the same cake for someone else...everything that can possibly go wrong usually does! I thought it was just me that was cursed! icon_lol.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:40pm
post #5 of 5

I have one every single time I decorate a cake lol...my DH laughs because he says I use every curse word in the book...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%