How Soon Can I Frost And Dec. A Cake?

Decorating By krispy1976 Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm by krispy1976

krispy1976 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 5

OK, I normaly have so much time, but this week there is not enough time for much. I have 4 cake orders, and I baked today and filled my wedding cake tiers. How soon can crumb coat and frost them and also dec? Set up is for noon on Saturday, and I do not want to be rushed when doing it. Anyone out there that can give me some pointers please?

4 replies
kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:24pm
post #2 of 5

Go ahead and do themicon_smile.gif If it's cool or you have a cool room to keep them in they will be just fine.

jenbenjr Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 5

If I were you, I would do it Thursday... or depending on when your other cakes are due, finish them first and work on the wedding cake friday. thumbs_up.gif

flamingobaker Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 5

You definitely want to crumb coat them today if you are not going to be freezing them.

I have done several cakes that were done 2 days before the event. For example, decorated on Friday, customer picked up Sat. for and event on Sun.

If all of your fillings/cake/frostings are room temp. stable, there should be no problem. BC seals a cake very well, fondant even better.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

krispy1976 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 5

They are all due on Saturday in the am, one is a boob cake, 2nd a gatiar cake and then a Germ. Choc. Cake and wedding cake.....

So then maybe crumb coat tommarow and then finish on Friday?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%