Cascading Roses On Ganache?

Decorating By mary-ann Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 4:11pm by varika

mary-ann Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 9:34pm
post #1 of 5

Any advice on making cascading roses on a two tier chocolate ganache covered cake? The flowers are variations of pink so I'm thinking gum paste on toothpicks but am open to suggestions.

4 replies
plbennett_8 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:29am
post #2 of 5

Mary Anne,

I have never tried this... Your idea of the toothpicks certainly sounds like it would work as long as the ganache is not hard... If it is, maybe you could warm a pin to make your hole so that it won't crack. What about melted chocolate?

Anyway, here is a Bump for you icon_smile.gif Let us know what works best, please... May just run across this one day.

Good luck, icon_smile.gif
Pat

mary-ann Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm
post #3 of 5

Great idea Pat. Thanks for the input.
Anyone else?

mary-ann Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5

Great idea Pat. Thanks for the input.
Anyone else?

varika Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:11pm
post #5 of 5

Since the ganache does harden, you could use those flower picks that you use to put fresh flowers on a cake. Put them in your cascade patten before the ganache hardens, and then you've got predetermined places to put your flowers all ready for them. I'm not sure how to put them into the picks, having never used them before, but I'd think attching your gumpaste flowers to lollipop sticks would work fine. They're about the same thickness as many flower stems, and you can trim them short easily.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%