Help With Buttercream Transfers

Decorating By gr8cakemaker Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:49pm by craftycakes

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 8:56pm
post #1 of 6

I have been making buttercream transfers of cartoon characters etc. for some time now and have gotten pretty good at them. I was wondering if anyone has ever done one of a person using a photo. I have many requests from people asking for pictures of their kids to be placed on cakes, but I do not have a printer with edible ink, paper etc. Has anyone tried this and has it turned out recognizable? any help would but great as she would like an answer soon! thanks in advance

5 replies
Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 6

Yes, I have...unfortunatelly I haven't been able to upload to CC because my computer has problems so, I can't show you how they look, but the prints come out just like the picture!!
And I didn't have an edible ink printer (until 4 days ago) so, I always ordered my prints at my local grocery store. The last one I did was for my son when he turned 21 so, I was able to arrange 2 images on the cake---one as a baby one from now---'before and after' kind of thing---he loved it and was amazed with the cake

abslu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abslu Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 6

I've never tried that! I would imagine the detail would have to be intricate. I know with my skills (or lack there of icon_lol.gif ) my pictures would look like cartoons, maybe eventually I'll try that, but I'd need much more practice before attempting! Good luck, post a pic!! icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 9:58pm
post #4 of 6

How do you post a picture into this message? I'd like to show you the cake I did with my son's pic but I don't know how to post it here...sorry, kind of, new to this.

gr8cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8cakemaker Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

How do you post a picture into this message? I'd like to show you the cake I did with my son's pic but I don't know how to post it here...sorry, kind of, new to this.

Rosie2 click post reply at the bottom of the thread. when the for comes up, write your message and then below that it will say "upload". click browse to look for a picture on your computer, select the picture and then click upload or submit (i forgot which one). You cannot add a picture when using "quick Reply". Hope this helps!

craftycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftycakes Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:49pm
post #6 of 6

I have not done a photo transfer. I did a transfer of a character drawing of a man and he loved it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%