Great Store Bought Fondant

Decorating By Ecope Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 12:53am by superstar

Ecope Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:19pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have suggestions for great store bought fondant?
I haven't had the chance to make mmf nor do I have the time to this week (I'm definitely hoping to get around to it though). I'm making cookies for the hubby's work on saturday and I was wondering what fondant I can use that tastes great? Last time I made cookies, I used wilton fondant and I'm DEFINITELY NOT a fan of it.
Thanks so much everyone!

7 replies
lorrieg Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:55pm
post #2 of 8

If you are stuck you can flavour the Wilton fondant.

KoryAK Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 8

Satin Ice is the best, but I don't think its as readily available in stores. Try and see. You can also call the company and they will tell you who in your area they ship to (if they are getting it direct) and maybe you can just go buy a tub off them.

ASimpleBaker Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 8

My local cake store carries FondX and Chocopan. I would check with your local cake supplies store to see what is available. I like the FONDx..It tastes similar to the MMF. (although a whole lot more expensive) ~~sigh~
If a local sotre carries it, ask if you can sample it. That is how I know about the taste of FondX.

HTH!!~~

FromScratch Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 8

I like Fondex and Choco-Pan.. Satin Ice tastes odd to me and I can't get past the smell of it. If you don't have a good local cake store you can order on-line, but it will be WAY cheaper to make your own.. it's easy and doesn't take long at all either. I love Michele Foster's Delicious Fondant recipe here on CC. It works beautifully and tastes great. MMF is too sweet for me and it gets super chewy when it dries.

Ecope Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:12pm
post #6 of 8

Oh awesome! Thanks for the suggestions!

MacsMom Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 8:13pm
post #7 of 8

I'm with Jeanne, Satin Ice smells like Play Dough to me. I haven't tried it yet, but along with the others' I've heard FondX is better. Chocopan is too soft for me to work with.

superstar Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:53am
post #8 of 8

Fondx is wonderful. I hear that Petinice is also great. I must admit I have not had any Sat Ice that smells like playdoh, I wonder why?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%