Need Ideas For A Buzz Lightyear Cake

Decorating By ladyellam Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm by SugarFrosted

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 15

My son is turning 4 and loves Buzz. Can anyone help me with ideas for a cake?

Thanks so much!
Kathy

14 replies
Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 15

what about a cake that has the solar system on it- you know "to infinity and beyond"
and then you could have buzz in space

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 15

I did one but it was just a sheetcake with a rocket and stars. My favorite is the cake that looks like Andy's bed with all the characters sitting on top!

ski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tandoori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tandoori Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:34am
post #5 of 15

Ladyellam,
I have made the Buzz Lightyear from the last tread that Ski had posted.
You can see the finished cake here:
http://tandoorisjourney.blogspot.com/2008/05/buzz-lightyear-cake-tribute-to-buzz_23.html
because the link posed by Ski is only for the real size Buzz figure that I used for the cake ( Buzz Spaceship, my design)

There are links to all the steps, including the recipes for the layers.
If you have any questions I would be happy to help you!

Ski, thank you! It really means a lot to me that people notice what I do! icon_smile.gif

ladyellam Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 15

Thank you so much ladies! I didn't get any of the notices and thought I was by myself icon_confused.gif . Then I remembered I was on the greatest website known to man and my friends at CC wouldn't let me down icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif .

I love all the ideas and I'm going to show Andrew which one he likes. Thanks again and you all rock thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif .

Kathy

ladyellam Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #7 of 15

Tandoori- May I just say holy smokes that cake is incredible icon_biggrin.gif . I think it's way out of my league icon_cry.gif . I bookmarked it because you did such an incredible job. You are so very talented!

Kathy

Tandoori Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tandoori Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 15

Thank you very much, Kathy! icon_smile.gif Even if not the Buzz Lightyear himself, why don't you try to make the spaceship?

Daisys_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisys_Cakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 15

I just typed in "buzz lightyear" for a search of CC gallery and here is the link to what came up.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=buzz+lightyear

There is 3 pages so hopefully you can find something you like.

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 15

Msauer also did an amazing cake of buzz lightyear's`head and I recently did copy here super mario head done in a similar way. It is not too too difficult and im sure she would be a great help!
LL

ladyellam Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:20pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks Daisy and Steffla!! I'm so torn because all of them are so cool looking. Maybe I will take a little of this and that from each picture. T

Thanks again everyone for all of your help!

Kathy

MistyGirl2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MistyGirl2008 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm
post #12 of 15

I did this one for my son's 4th birthday.

Julie
(http://www.cakesandkids.com)
LL

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:02am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

Msauer also did an amazing cake of buzz lightyear's`head and I recently did copy here super mario head done in a similar way. It is not too too difficult and im sure she would be a great help!

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Girl...you are so nice...I'm so flattered! (oh, and I would be more than happy to help out if you want to try this one. I took pictures of him during the construction process too- ya know...I'm gettin' older and all...sometimes I forget how I did stuff!)

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:37pm
post #14 of 15

All of your cakes here are amazing! You guys rock!!

You could always do a search for "toy story" too. It may bring up some of the same cakes but could bring up some other ones too!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=toy+story

Have fun! My kids love buzz too! I think we have 7 of the large buzz toys and a few smaller ones!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #15 of 15

I use my Wilton Handsome Guy cake pan to make Buzz...a little extra icing around the head to make it wide enough for his "bubble"
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%