Need Ideas For A Buzz Lightyear Cake

Decorating By ladyellam Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm by SugarFrosted

ladyellam Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 15

My son is turning 4 and loves Buzz. Can anyone help me with ideas for a cake?

Thanks so much!
Kathy

14 replies
Auryn Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 15

what about a cake that has the solar system on it- you know "to infinity and beyond"
and then you could have buzz in space

foxymomma521 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #3 of 15

I did one but it was just a sheetcake with a rocket and stars. My favorite is the cake that looks like Andy's bed with all the characters sitting on top!

Tandoori Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 12:34am
post #5 of 15

Ladyellam,
I have made the Buzz Lightyear from the last tread that Ski had posted.
You can see the finished cake here:
http://tandoorisjourney.blogspot.com/2008/05/buzz-lightyear-cake-tribute-to-buzz_23.html
because the link posed by Ski is only for the real size Buzz figure that I used for the cake ( Buzz Spaceship, my design)

There are links to all the steps, including the recipes for the layers.
If you have any questions I would be happy to help you!

Ski, thank you! It really means a lot to me that people notice what I do! icon_smile.gif

ladyellam Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:49pm
post #6 of 15

Thank you so much ladies! I didn't get any of the notices and thought I was by myself icon_confused.gif . Then I remembered I was on the greatest website known to man and my friends at CC wouldn't let me down icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif .

I love all the ideas and I'm going to show Andrew which one he likes. Thanks again and you all rock thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif .

Kathy

ladyellam Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:59pm
post #7 of 15

Tandoori- May I just say holy smokes that cake is incredible icon_biggrin.gif . I think it's way out of my league icon_cry.gif . I bookmarked it because you did such an incredible job. You are so very talented!

Kathy

Tandoori Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 15

Thank you very much, Kathy! icon_smile.gif Even if not the Buzz Lightyear himself, why don't you try to make the spaceship?

Daisys_Cakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 15

I just typed in "buzz lightyear" for a search of CC gallery and here is the link to what came up.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=buzz+lightyear

There is 3 pages so hopefully you can find something you like.

HTH! thumbs_up.gif

steffla Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 15

Msauer also did an amazing cake of buzz lightyear's`head and I recently did copy here super mario head done in a similar way. It is not too too difficult and im sure she would be a great help!
LL

ladyellam Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 5:20pm
post #11 of 15

Thanks Daisy and Steffla!! I'm so torn because all of them are so cool looking. Maybe I will take a little of this and that from each picture. T

Thanks again everyone for all of your help!

Kathy

MistyGirl2008 Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 9:42pm
post #12 of 15

I did this one for my son's 4th birthday.

Julie
(http://www.cakesandkids.com)
LL

msauer Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:02am
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

Msauer also did an amazing cake of buzz lightyear's`head and I recently did copy here super mario head done in a similar way. It is not too too difficult and im sure she would be a great help!

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Girl...you are so nice...I'm so flattered! (oh, and I would be more than happy to help out if you want to try this one. I took pictures of him during the construction process too- ya know...I'm gettin' older and all...sometimes I forget how I did stuff!)

xstitcher Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 3:37pm
post #14 of 15

All of your cakes here are amazing! You guys rock!!

You could always do a search for "toy story" too. It may bring up some of the same cakes but could bring up some other ones too!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=toy+story

Have fun! My kids love buzz too! I think we have 7 of the large buzz toys and a few smaller ones!

SugarFrosted Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:25pm
post #15 of 15

I use my Wilton Handsome Guy cake pan to make Buzz...a little extra icing around the head to make it wide enough for his "bubble"
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%