Rose Buds On A Sheet Cake??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 6:06pm by cakebaker1957

cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 4

Im making a baby shower cake, and she wants me to put rosebuds on where each piece is to be cut how can i do this i know to measure and so on but are there any easier way? its a 11x15 i did a rough draft and if im doing it right i can get 35 2x2 in piecies by the drawing i did . Help
thanks

3 replies
cakedout Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:08pm
post #2 of 4

If you are using a crusting buttercream, you could just use a ruler edge or spatula edge to make slight indent lines on the crusted icing marking out the pieces. This is what I do- the marks make it much easier for the client to know exactly where to cut! thumbs_up.gif

Once marked, all you add are the rosebuds! I always do a nice base border and a smaller top border to finish it off. (I'm terrible at getting nice clean edges on a sheet cake! icon_lol.gif )

kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:08pm
post #3 of 4

It is simple to measure and mark out a sheet cake by starting from an edge & making ever 2". On a sheet 2" deep, a serving is 2x2x2.

Do you know how to make the rosebud? A tip 63 makes quick work of iticon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 6:06pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks cakedout, and kakeladi, i do use a crusting BC and thanks for the tip on using tip 63 im not real keen on making them but they look ok, do you add the green tip on the ends or do you just leave them with out it??I hope i measured right on this paper that i did i took sheets of paper and made them the size of my 11x15 in cake and marked them off i get around 35 slices, hope this is correct she needs at least 32
Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%