A Little Nervous..(Long)

Lounge By Amanda518 Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 8:04pm by emrldsky

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:09pm
post #1 of 8

So before you read this I have to say yes I know I am dumb for waiting for waiting so long to get into finding out whats going on. icon_eek.gif

So lets start way back when it first started..About 6 years ago I was told I had HPV(at that time it was not a big thing and was not something that they thought about cancer with) So i had a biopsy done on the cells and was told they were in a lower grade cancerous (normal thing and would heal on its own) icon_confused.gif So I had to return every 6 months to have a pap smear to see if they had healed well the first time I went it was still there and was told to do it all over again in another 6 months so I did and this went on for 2 years and they were still there well Medicaid took the benefits away from me so i did not have a way to pay to go to the same doctor and just figured since they said it would heal that it should go away (yes I know dumb icon_cry.gif ) so I did not return again until my last pregnancy and they could not get any cells to do the pap smear with. So I lost Medicaid again and I am trying to get on to my husband ( not by church marriage just been together for 7 years so common law type) so we have to do something to get them to add me.. Anyway since all these commercials about getting shot and all this and that about about it causing cervical cancer and things of that nature, It got me to think what strains of it do I have I know I do not have the warts I have never had any so it had to be a different strain so I call my midwives that I had at the time and they list out the strain I had and it is the high risk one that can cause cancer so I get to researching things on the internet and find out that the few people that actually get cancer are the ones that their immune system does not fight it and heal it up, well I am thinking mine did not heal it since I still had it 2 years after being told about it. So just out of curiosity I get on and research cervical cancer symptoms and I have every single symptom I thought before reading that i might have one or two and it should not worry me but when I read them and I had all of them I was like OH S*** icon_surprised.gif can this be happening? I was told over and over and over back then that I am to young to have these problems.. I had an IUD for 4 years and had it removed because of all the pain i was having in my stomach I got to thinking maybe it was never the IUD that was the problem maybe the cancerous cells grew. I told the ER when I had it taken out cause of the sever pain I was having that I think something else is wrong and she said oh theres no way you are way to young to get cervical cancer. So after reading more about it its in the middle twenties the the majority of women are getting it I am 25 now..

So lets go back 6 months from now I started getting small little headaches here and there and small pains in my stomach cervix area, every month it has seemed to get worse and worse my periods starting coming a day late to three days late to weeks late now I get headaches everyday and I have never had a headache before 6 months ago they are weird cause its a shot of pain that when it happens I am like OOOH my god that hurt and then I have a small pain there after it is in the same place every single time I get it. (right side between ear and eye) sometimes these cause me to have to close my eye or i get dizzy or i get sick to my stomach or i see little spots or blurriness.. something always happens with them. I have pain in my cervix area when I am intimate with my husband which makes me not want to do anything anymore (no matter what position) Also have blood in stool maybe 5 or 6 times a month now..

So I am having to wait to get all of this taken care of with his insurance and I am just super worried cause like 4 months ago I said man there has to be something wrong with me I never feel this way and now to hear and read everything about that I am about 85 % sure that its that. i just cant see me not having that after all the research and all the problems of it and having it 2 years after I was told it would heal on its own. What if the low cancerous cells grew and are now cancer? Has anyone had cervical cancer and what all happened and what do you go threw was it over faster then you thought? any information you have to say would be great maybe a faster way of getting to the doctors until I get this insurance thing fixed..

7 replies
lbass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lbass Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 8

In my county, they have a free clinic for those that qualify. I would call the hospital and ask if your county has one. They may can tell about other options as well.

I pray that everything will be fine! thumbs_up.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 8

Oh, honey, you must be so scared!

What's the deal w/ his insurance? Is it b/c you are not married? I'd head my butt right down to the justice of the peace and get married ASAP, if for no other reason, to be able to be added to his policy.

You need to get into a doctor as fast as you can. The only thing I'd worry about is if you go see a dr. then get added to the ins, and are excluded b/c of a pre-existing condition.

The internet can be a scary thing if you think you have something wrong w/ you. I was positive that I had cancer once, but it turned out to be benign.

Hang in there! PLEASE get to a dr. and keep us posted on the outcome. I will be thinking of you. Write all this down, in case you get upset or nervous when you talk to your doctor.

Michelle

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 8

You need to find a doctor that will see you immediately and bill you later. You cannot afford to wait if it might be cancer and you might've had it for a while now. If worst comes to worst, go to the ER. Not sure what that'll do, but you'll be seen whether you have insurance or not. It's worth a shot anyway.

I'm praying that it's something else though! The problem with the internet is that you can research anything and mis-diagnose yourself. Your symptoms may be caused by some other ailment altogether.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 8:27pm
post #5 of 8

You can go to the doctor on Medicaid's women's health program. It has a higher income limit than the medicaid that covers everything, and it covers screening for cervical cancer, among other things. If you do have cancer, you can get medicaid for women with cancer.

Read about it here: http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/Help/HealthCare/Women/index.html#WHP
There's a chart for income levels too.

Call 211 to find out where to go and what you need to bring with you.

Amanda518 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amanda518 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 7:01pm
post #6 of 8

thank you for all the information. I did call the 211 number adn we do not qualify for the assistance from them, But I did get everything together with my husbands insurance. We were able to go to the court and get a common law certificate to give to them I did not want to take away from us being able to have areal wedding we are planning on getting married next year in nov so I really wanted that day to stay our wedding day and not to do the court this so it was really cool that they have a common law certificate. Now all i have to do is wait until the 1st of the moth and call our insurance company and find out how long before I can go see that doctors.. Hope it will be that same week. I have had a sever headache for two days no and it sucks icon_cry.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:26pm
post #7 of 8

My grandmother always say "Don't claim it" and that you have to pray about it. I know some people may think its lame but prayer helps a whole lot. I'll be praying for you!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 8

Do you have a Planned Parenthood? I know a LOT of people have moral objections to it, but the purpose of it is for exactly what you're dealing with: needing "woman" care without insurance. I got my paps done there when I was without insurance, and I also got my birth control there.

Either way, I hope that you'll be OK, and things get taken care of ASAP.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%