Need Idea, House Warming

Decorating By Melan Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 12:39pm by jammjenks

Melan Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:39am
post #1 of 9

I need ideas for a sheet -11x15, for a House Warming party... Thing is, it's not that this couple is buying a new home, but moving into an apartment of their own(young couple w/ child moving out of parents home). I was going to do a FBCT of a house and say congrats on the new house -or something to that effect, but was informed they were moving into an apartment and not buying a new home -like i thought house warming parties were for... either way, I didn't think a "house" FBCT would work... Any ideas? I'm just stumped. I would like to use their names (Peter and Thu) if possible -but not necessary -I'm not good when people don't tell me exactly what they want -I am not good at coming up with things myself icon_sad.gif

Any help is appreciated!!!

8 replies
iownajane Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:58am
post #2 of 9

The sheet could be a lease...with paint brushes,pail,or set of keys,an IKEA catalogue(LOL),a potted plant...???

grammynan Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 9

How about some flowers around the edges and say "Home Sweet Apartment!" instead of "Home Sweet Home". My daughter made a plaque for my MIL that said "Home Sweet Condo" and she loved it!!

LadyMike Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 9

How about -

Congratulations on Your New Home, or
Now You Have Your Own Nest...

Melan Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 9

I'm still stumped... I thought about still doing a picture of a house(FBCT) and maybe saying Enjoy Your New Home

Would that work? then maybe do some flowers here and there.... I wish people would just tell me what they want -exactly sometimes!

7yyrt Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 9

Perhaps the interior of a nice comfy living room, complete with fire in the fireplace. (There are some under Christmas in the gallery.) Just decorate for autumn, instead of winter.

levinea Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 9

I would do a FBCT of a front door with a welcome mat and plants, maybe a wreath on the door or something.

Because I am cheesy, I would also write something like:
Enjoy your new "lease" on life!

Pictures like any of these would work

jibbies Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 9

I really like the door idea. levinea that was a great idea!

Jibbies

jammjenks Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:39pm
post #9 of 9

I don't know when your cake is due, so this may be too late. I did one a while back for a young married couple with a small child moving out of her parents house into their own rental house. They left it up to me too, so I did an 11X15 made to look like a child's drawing that would be on their refridgerator. It had tip #233 pull-out grass across the length of the cake (the bottom of the picture if that makes sense). It had a stick people family, stick house on the right, and blue puffy cloud outlines at the top. I just had their last name piped on the front of the cake. I would post a picture if I had one scanned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%