Need Idea, House Warming

Decorating By Melan Updated 5 Sep 2008 , 12:39pm by jammjenks

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:39am
post #1 of 9

I need ideas for a sheet -11x15, for a House Warming party... Thing is, it's not that this couple is buying a new home, but moving into an apartment of their own(young couple w/ child moving out of parents home). I was going to do a FBCT of a house and say congrats on the new house -or something to that effect, but was informed they were moving into an apartment and not buying a new home -like i thought house warming parties were for... either way, I didn't think a "house" FBCT would work... Any ideas? I'm just stumped. I would like to use their names (Peter and Thu) if possible -but not necessary -I'm not good when people don't tell me exactly what they want -I am not good at coming up with things myself icon_sad.gif

Any help is appreciated!!!

8 replies
iownajane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iownajane Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:58am
post #2 of 9

The sheet could be a lease...with paint brushes,pail,or set of keys,an IKEA catalogue(LOL),a potted plant...???

grammynan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grammynan Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:20pm
post #3 of 9

How about some flowers around the edges and say "Home Sweet Apartment!" instead of "Home Sweet Home". My daughter made a plaque for my MIL that said "Home Sweet Condo" and she loved it!!

LadyMike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyMike Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:24pm
post #4 of 9

How about -

Congratulations on Your New Home, or
Now You Have Your Own Nest...

Melan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melan Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 9

I'm still stumped... I thought about still doing a picture of a house(FBCT) and maybe saying Enjoy Your New Home

Would that work? then maybe do some flowers here and there.... I wish people would just tell me what they want -exactly sometimes!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 5:27pm
post #6 of 9

Perhaps the interior of a nice comfy living room, complete with fire in the fireplace. (There are some under Christmas in the gallery.) Just decorate for autumn, instead of winter.

levinea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
levinea Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:41pm
post #7 of 9

I would do a FBCT of a front door with a welcome mat and plants, maybe a wreath on the door or something.

Because I am cheesy, I would also write something like:
Enjoy your new "lease" on life!

Pictures like any of these would work

jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 7:57pm
post #8 of 9

I really like the door idea. levinea that was a great idea!

Jibbies

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 12:39pm
post #9 of 9

I don't know when your cake is due, so this may be too late. I did one a while back for a young married couple with a small child moving out of her parents house into their own rental house. They left it up to me too, so I did an 11X15 made to look like a child's drawing that would be on their refridgerator. It had tip #233 pull-out grass across the length of the cake (the bottom of the picture if that makes sense). It had a stick people family, stick house on the right, and blue puffy cloud outlines at the top. I just had their last name piped on the front of the cake. I would post a picture if I had one scanned.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%