Please Help Me Find This Cake On The Web!!!

Decorating By MustloveDogs Updated 31 Aug 2008 , 1:55am by MustloveDogs

MustloveDogs Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 8:05am
post #1 of 8

I have been searching now for 2 weeks to find a cake picture that I thought I had saved from the internet. I went to my inspiration photos and found it had saved as a blank square as it must have been a .gif file instead of the usual jpg.

Can anyone help me to find it again?
There was cake (i think) made to look like bales of hay with a fondant cowgirl leaning against it. I have done searches of flikr, and the web for 2 weeks now and I actually dream about this cake...I just can't find it again.
I have searched under fondant figures, cowgirl cakes, cowboy cakes, western cakes, hay cakes, cow cakes, horse cakes.. and I STILL can't find the picture!
I thought someone may have either seen it or know of some other way that I can search. It may even be made by someone from non-english speaking country so that may be why my searches haven't found it!!
icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

7 replies
murf Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 9:04am
post #2 of 8

Hi,
So sorry you are having a nightmare with this. I had a similar problem with a photo someone sent me but there was a way of opening it by converting it to a jpg file. If you right click on the picture square does it give you the option to open it in various formats? If so you may be able to change it.
HTH
Jenny

MustloveDogs Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:45am
post #3 of 8

Hi Jenny,
Thanks, I did right click on it and the only option was to open in windows explorer, but when I did, it still brought up nothing!
I even tried saving it again as a jpg, but the saving would only allow it as a .gif or a bit file, no jpeg.

nickshalfpint Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:20pm
post #4 of 8

This is the only pic I found that had a cowgirl and hay in it. I'll keep my eye out for more.
LL

nickshalfpint Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 8

This is the only pic I found that had a cowgirl and hay in it. I'll keep my eye out for more.
LL

MustloveDogs Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks for helping.
The more I think about it, the more that I think it MUST be someone who is nonenglish speaking who has made it. Otherwise surely I would have come across it by now. I have tried flikr, ninemsn, google and had no luck.
I am pretty sure that I stumbled on it accidentally in the first place, perhaps on flikr or something like it and it probably has keywords in other languages.
I just wish I could find it again. It is bugging me!! icon_lol.gif

Malakin Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 1:18am
post #7 of 8

Just curious, do you save your searches on your history? Or do you have it set to save history only for one day or one week? I always go back to my history file to see where I had been to.

MustloveDogs Posted 31 Aug 2008 , 1:55am
post #8 of 8

That was a great idea, the history goes back 3 weeks and I spent all last night clicking on everything in the history. Unfortunately it was either before that or wasn't on the initial search that I found it.
I think I clicked on something like flikr and ended up deep within other groups when I first saw it.
I am almost ready to give up as I have looked so much for it and it just won't be found!
Thanks for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%