Buttercream In The Garbage

Decorating By maryj Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 2:14pm by lilahcakes

maryj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryj Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #1 of 8

Had an order for a sheet cake due tomorrow. Baked cake and froze it. Leveled torted and filled it and then picked up the spatula that I had used to scrape down the butter cream frosting with and thought I'd better taste this before I put it on the cake....... Butter was rancid. Yeah the package that the unsalted butter came in stated "award winning unsalted butter". Thank goodness I didn't frost that cake with it, threw the whole thing out and started all over...but first had to run to the store for powdered sugar since I'd just used my last 3 pounds. Have to go so I can write a very nasty e-mail. And by the way, the expiration date was 11-28-08. arrgggg icon_mad.gif

7 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 8

So sorry this happened to you!. I am glad you found out before you decorated and even worse yet delivered it and they tasted it!

Jibbies

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:43am
post #3 of 8

How frustrating for you. I hope the cake finished up nicely for you. icon_smile.gif

Personally, I hate making the icing...or even baking the cake. It makes such a mess. LOVE the decorating part, hate the prepping.

Let us know how it turned out. icon_smile.gif

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:17am
post #4 of 8

OH NO! I hope that you can get it finished in time. Thankfully you tasted the BC before putting it on the cake. I hope your next batch turns out wonderfully!

maryj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryj Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 8

Second batch turned out great. I received a phone call today from the customer saying it was the most delicious cake they had ever had. Pays to taste I guess. Here it is, I left a big open spot for her to place a tiny china tea pot and cups.
LL

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #6 of 8

That is a very cute cake ~ I love the candle effect along the border.

Thanks for sharing ~ thumbs_up.gif

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 4:38pm
post #7 of 8

My cardinal rule "If I don't taste it, you don't eat it". I'm glad everything turned out ok for you. The cake is very cute. icon_biggrin.gif

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:14pm
post #8 of 8

It came out soo cute, im glad you tasted it before putting it on the cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%