Petite Fours Recipe Anyone?

Baking By gkp_mommy Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm by Suzycakes

gkp_mommy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gkp_mommy Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 3

I have recently had a request for some petite fours, but the recipes I am trying are NOT working. If anyone has a recipe for a sort of dense cake, that would be great! The cake recipes I am using are way too soft for the petite fours. I'm also having a VERY hard time w/ the topping for them. I refuse to cover each cake square w/ fondant...it would take me forever! The poured fondant recipes I have tried are way too thin & waaaay too sweet. PLEASE someone, send me a fabulous recipe for these "tiny cakes"

2 replies
 jibbies  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:11am
post #2 of 3

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1061703.html
these were just white cake (box) cut with a 3 inch cutter, iced with buttercream. Then I cut a circle out of fondant and it just draped over, I had very little smoothing to do. I did put them up on something that allowed the fondant to hang down without touching and trimmed with scissors.

Jibbies

Suzycakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 3

This is what I do - I know it is not the 'technical way' to make PF's - but my clients love them this way:

I use the Betty Crocker pound cake recipe plus 2 tsp of almond flavoring and bake in a sheet pan that is sprayed with Pam, then a sheet of parchment paper and then another coating of Pam. Then I freeze the cake and cut and ice while they are still very cold.

I don't have the icing recipe with me but it is the basic poured fondant icing (water, corn syrup, powdered sugar and almond flavoring), but I also add about a cup of melted candy wafers to it also. This helps cover the cake much better and gives them a very nice smooth finish.

HTH

Suze

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%