Petite Fours Recipe Anyone?

Baking By gkp_mommy Updated 28 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm by Suzycakes

gkp_mommy Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:58am
post #1 of 3

I have recently had a request for some petite fours, but the recipes I am trying are NOT working. If anyone has a recipe for a sort of dense cake, that would be great! The cake recipes I am using are way too soft for the petite fours. I'm also having a VERY hard time w/ the topping for them. I refuse to cover each cake square w/ would take me forever! The poured fondant recipes I have tried are way too thin & waaaay too sweet. PLEASE someone, send me a fabulous recipe for these "tiny cakes"

2 replies
jibbies Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:11am
post #2 of 3
these were just white cake (box) cut with a 3 inch cutter, iced with buttercream. Then I cut a circle out of fondant and it just draped over, I had very little smoothing to do. I did put them up on something that allowed the fondant to hang down without touching and trimmed with scissors.

Suzycakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:37pm
post #3 of 3

This is what I do - I know it is not the 'technical way' to make PF's - but my clients love them this way:

I use the Betty Crocker pound cake recipe plus 2 tsp of almond flavoring and bake in a sheet pan that is sprayed with Pam, then a sheet of parchment paper and then another coating of Pam. Then I freeze the cake and cut and ice while they are still very cold.

I don't have the icing recipe with me but it is the basic poured fondant icing (water, corn syrup, powdered sugar and almond flavoring), but I also add about a cup of melted candy wafers to it also. This helps cover the cake much better and gives them a very nice smooth finish.

Quote by @%username% on %date%