Picasso Cake

Decorating By kellertur Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 1:40pm by sadsmile

kellertur Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:35am
post #1 of 8

I finished this cake last night (around Midnight). If you have any feedback, critique ~ please feel free. I appreciate the time taken to view my cake.

Oh, and this is my first cake using my own vegan MMF recipe (VMMF icon_rolleyes.gif ) but I still have some kinks to work out in the "laboratory" ~ BUT it is DELICIOUS! thumbs_up.gif
You all were right about the difference in taste vs. regular fondant!!!!

Thanks for looking. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 3:45am
post #2 of 8

That is pretty cool!!! OT-ut can I ask you about your VMMF... do you just follow the regular MMF recipie and use vegan mallows or vegan mallow cream?

elainec Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:05am
post #3 of 8

Beautiful piece of artwork!

kimmypooh79 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 4:55am
post #4 of 8

That's pretty cool.....work of art.

miny Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:19am
post #5 of 8

Wow!!! is this hand painted?, I have to tell you...........it's a beautiful cake, you did a great job, hahaha did you think I had something bad to say? Nope, I love it very artistic!

kellertur Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:47pm
post #6 of 8

First and foremost, thanks for looking and for the encouraging comments. icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by sadsmile

. do you just follow the regular MMF recipie and use vegan mallows or vegan mallow cream?

Not exactly... I found a few recipes for vegan marshmallows, played around and "tweaked" a bit... then I adapted a MMF recipe found on here. I had to make a few changes to the recipe, and I can PM anyone the recipe who wants it once I work out one minor issue. (when I roll it out it doesn't quite "crack" but pulls away a bit ?? I think I need a bit more cornsyrup. icon_confused.gif ) Store bough vegan marshmallows would have been easier... but hey are SO expensive. icon_eek.gif

And yes, it is handpainted. Does anyone know how to tone down colors when you are painting directly on cake? My pink was brighter than I wanted it...

Thanks icon_smile.gif

elainec Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 8

You could add a touch of white to the color before painting. I would like your recipe, my daughter would love cupcakes w/ a good vegan icing.

sadsmile Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:40pm
post #8 of 8

yes I would love the recipie when you are happy with it...!!! as far pink I would say only a tiny bit of pink in vodka.. or if you wanted to mute the color add some 'dirty water' what you rinse your brushes in or some brown or a tiny bit of green. It's like painting with water colors and getting a realistic shade requires mixing and practice...play around and have fun. You are thinking way too much into it because that cake looks wonderful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%