Wilton Customer Service Is Awesome!

Decorating By disneynutbsv Updated 30 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm by disneynutbsv

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 4

I called Wilton last week about trying to find directions to the cake that is on the inside of the cover for the turntable they are selling (the cake that sits on it). Anyhow, the woman (Sue) said she would try to find it for me...she called me back today and said she found the directions and would email it to me!

Wow, go Wilton! They were great!!

3 replies
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 4

I am glad you had such a great experience with them. I guess it must depend on why you are contacting them. icon_smile.gif

Dawanka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawanka Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 4

Good for you!!. I e-mailed them and there response time was realllly bad enough so that they appologized quite a bit in there e-mail. By the way I love that cake. Could you pm me the instructions??

disneynutbsv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
disneynutbsv Posted 30 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

Hi! Well, after I got the email, I didn't bother reading it through, I just saved it. I finally read it today and it was for the cake on the bottom (which is still very pretty, but not the one I want)...
any how....here is the instructions for the cake:

Trim âN Turn Bouquet Cake

Pan: 8 x 2 in. Round
Tips: 2, 5, 12, 101, 103, 104, 352
Colors:* Rose, Violet, Lemon Yellow, Kelly Green
Recipes: Buttercream, Royal Icings
Also: White Cake Sparklesâ¢, Meringue Powder, Flower Former Set, Flower Nail #7, 10 in. Cake Circle, Fanci-Foil Wrap, Rolling Pin, waxed paper

Two days in advance: Make flowers using royal icing; make extras of all to allow for breakage and let dry. Make 15 tip 103 daisies with tip 5 dot center. Crush Cake Sparkles between sheets of waxed paper with rolling pin; pat centers with finger dipped in crushed Cake Sparkles. Make 10 tip 103 roses and 5 tip 104 roses, each with tip 12 base. Make 40 tip 101 forget-me-nots with tip 2 dot center; let dry in small flower formers.

Ice 2-layer cake smooth in buttercream. Position on foil-wrapped 10 in. cake circle. Pipe tip 5 dots randomly on cake top and sides. Pipe a tip 12 mound of icing on cake top. Attach flowers to mound and around base of cake with dots of icing. Pipe tip 352 leaves.

serving amounts. For party: 20. For wedding: 24.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%