Another Silly Question

Decorating By PollyMaggs Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm by ranbel

PollyMaggs Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 8

Rice Krispy Treats....

1st - I've seen them used on Charm City cakes and I've heard speak of them here...what I want to know is it the same tried and true recipe I made for my kids from the box of Rice Krispies years ago or is it different for molding on cakes?

2nd - How do you use them with out eating them all...lol

I know, dumb questions...sorry

7 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 8

Same recipe, but you can cut down on the butter or eliminate it, if you want. If you don't use any, they set up firm really, really fast. I tend to use about 1/2 the amount prescribed.

HTH
Rae

leah_s Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 8

I buy the pre-made. They're indestructible.

stephaniescakenj Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 8

I made the lid to my treasure chest cake out of rice krispie treats that I made using their recipe exactly. It was incredibly sticky but eventually firmed up and it was ok. it was just difficult to mold to the shape I wanted because it kept sticking to my fingers. I buy the premade ones for my kids now and I've seen them in big sheets too, I would say go that route, they are way less sticky and easier to work with plus less work. I have no advice on how to avoid eating them though : ) I ate some many while making that treasure chest that I actually got sick to my stomach.

ladybug76 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 8

I eliminate margarine from recipe and sculpt away.... plus they are not as 'good' so you are not tempted to munch as you work!! icon_biggrin.gif

post #6 of 8

I eliminate margarine from recipe and sculpt away.... plus they are not as 'good' so you are not tempted to munch as you work!! icon_biggrin.gif

post #7 of 8

ranbel Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 8:59pm
post #8 of 8

I made a 3d teddy from RKT's and it was perfect...I did only use 1/2 the butter the recipe from the box calls for....

WORKED GREAT FOR ME....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%