Pfeil & Holing- Anyone Ever Worked There?

Decorating By elvis Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 1:14am by costumeczar

elvis Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 7

Hi- I've ordered from them before ( and really like their royal icing flowers, critters and creatures. You get so many, and they are all identical & relatively inexpensive. The person I spoke with by phone said that they were handmade. I had assumed machine-made. She didn't seem to want to explain any more than that.

Has anyone by chance ever worked there, or heard how they do this? I'm really interested in cake decorations--even more so than actual cake making.

6 replies
Tellis12 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 7

I've never ordered from them before. Their flowers ect. are great but how can they sell them so cheaply? If it weren't a personal challenge, I'd never try to make gp flowers again! It's almost cheaper for me to just buy them premade than to buy the ingredients, and other things. Good questions, I'm anxious to know the answers.

mtaccts Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 7

My guess is because they're made in China. I've always been happy with my purchases.

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 7

Alot of the sugar confections like royal icing flowers,animals etc are made in korea or china in a factory by individual workers.As a matter of fact a Gentleman by the name of Tian registered as a member last year on here and was plugging his business in Asia who makes these very items..They were so intricate and beautiful but you had to order like 2500 of these in order to make it worth the cost.He actually sent me a catologue by email afew days ago but I deleted it so that is probably where all these items are bought from as I can't see it not being cost effective here.By the way Heath deleted his post as he was soliciting business and that is against policy here.

BCJean Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 7

A bakery I worked in for a few years bought some of their flowers premade and they ordered them from the Phillipines where labor was much cheaper. Not a practice I would want to do. I don't understand not wanting to make the flowers or figures, that is what cake decorating is to me and how would you feel when the customer said, what a beautiful cake, I just love the flowers, you are so artistic. Would you smile and know you had strategicly placed them on the cake?

Of course I decorate with buttercream only so having someone else make my flowers wouldn't be an option.

Just my thought on the subject.

elvis Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:32pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for the replies-- I didn't even think about that they may be coming from a supplier. The company is in NY and I just assumed everything was in-house. Maybe that's the answer.

costumeczar Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:14am
post #7 of 7

They're made in Asia where the labor is super cheap...

Quote by @%username% on %date%