Edible Images

Baking By 1Grammy1 Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 7:59pm by Linliv46

1Grammy1 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 7

I have ordered edible images for 3 inch round cookies. I will be using the NFSC recipe. This will be my first attempt using edible images. Could you guys tell me the best icing to use for the cookies to apply the images? Thanks

6 replies
deedee4420 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 7

I used edible images for my Grandson's first birthday and they were adorable.

Use any buttercream icing you like as long as the icing is not dry, a crusting buttercream icing will not work.

I iced each cookie and immediately put the image on top. The image seems to conform completely to the top of the cookie and looks great.

Edible images are easy to work with you can also add a border around the edge of the image if you like.

I hope this helps!

Linliv46 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:51pm
post #3 of 7

You don't really have to put any icing under the image. I have made them and just brush piping jel and lay the image on. Then if you want you can zig-zag a border. Also if you use a decorative scissor its cute without a border!The ones I did with icing I used Tobas glaze and let it dry and then pasted the print on with jel.

1Grammy1 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 7

I looked under the recipes but did not see Toba's glaze. Could you pass along the recipe to me or tell me where to find.

mommyle Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:30pm
post #5 of 7

You can also take apricot jam and heat it a bit with some water, strain it, and brush that on your cookie, then put the EI on top of that. Also, PM Melvira, mistress of the dark chocolate. She is Super helpful and does a great job with EI.
Good luck!

foxymomma521 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 7:43pm
post #6 of 7

Search for Toba's Glace not Glaze icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%