How Do I Make Bailey's Ganache?

Decorating By heather1 Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 10:41pm by KoryAK

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 5

I cant seem to find a recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream Ganache. Anyone know where I can find one? Or how would I make up one? This is for a cake with Bailey's in it. TIA

4 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:45pm
post #2 of 5

I would sub out the cream/milk to taste and throw in a little more chocolate as the Bailey's will be thinner.

heather1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather1 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:18pm
post #3 of 5

Wont I have to use cream in it to get the ganache texture? I'm going to use the whipped chocolate ganache recipe that calls for 1/2 lb chocolate and 1 qt heavy whipping cream. So do you think ommitting 1/2 cup cream for 1/2 cup bailey's would work?

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #4 of 5

That recipe you described is already way too loose. I used that recipe once and had to add twice as much chocolate and it was still soft and runny. It whipped up but melted right away. Definately decrease the amount of cream in that recipe. I don't know what to tell you about the Bailey's. Haven't tried doing something like that before. Sounds yummy, though.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 5

I make a really stout rum ganache that is like 5/6 rum to 1/6 cream plus the chocolate. ganache can be made with any liquid, even water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%