I Learned Something New

Decorating By lisa_mae Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 4:51am by mommyle

lisa_mae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa_mae Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 40

i was practicing making a pillow cake for my friends birthday i walk away for like a min. and come back to see that my nephew can now get on the kitchen stool all by himself and that he really likes mmf. luckily it was only a practice cake because if it wasn't i probally would have had a panic attack. this could have been a real disaster but luckily it wasn't
LL

39 replies
Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 40

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Too cute!

I haven't found a kid yet that doesn't LOVE MMF.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm
post #3 of 40

Awwww!!!!!!!! You can tell you're not the mom because you would have yelled first, then thought of taking a picture later icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

One time I had my daughter's cake on the dining room table, still on the turntable, and I caught her licking a groove in it by turning it with her tongue stuck out.

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 40

Better that he got into the fondant instead of the prescription bottles! He does seem to really enjoy fondant.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 40

This maybe way off topic, but has anyone given any thought on how to make and sell premade MMF? Just a random fireing in my brain. Sorry about that... icon_lol.gif

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 40

hahaha1 That is a cute photo! And I Just noticed those bottles too! uh oh!

karthurs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karthurs Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:14pm
post #7 of 40

Way too funny...yeah my first thought was whoops a bit too close to the meds.

And yeah fondant not usually so tasty...but forbidden fondant! Delicious!!!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:24pm
post #8 of 40

Too cute!

MissChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissChrissy Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:42pm
post #9 of 40

Ya know why do people automaticly go to the critisism in the picture?? She wanted to share what she thought was something cute and it was turned into a dangerous situation. What if the bottles were empty? And didn't she say that she didn't know he could get up on the stool so in her defense they were out of her reach (or so she thought). I guess I just don't understand where people get off judging someone else so quickly! I guess its been a long day and this post struck me wrong.

Cute pic BTW!

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #10 of 40

icon_biggrin.gif Soooo cute!! It is adorable how he is taking little "pinches" out of the cake. icon_biggrin.gif And by the way everyone...rx bottles have safety caps so all you perfecto people get off your freakin high horse icon_cry.gif . Goodness she said she didn't know he could climb up there..just like I did not know my son could climb to the top of the pantry closey to get cookies, was sooo adorable but I am glad he did not fall and bust his head icon_eek.gif ..geez whiz

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #11 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChrissy

Ya know why do people automaticly go to the critisism in the picture?? She wanted to share what she thought was something cute and it was turned into a dangerous situation. What if the bottles were empty? And didn't she say that she didn't know he could get up on the stool so in her defense they were out of her reach (or so she thought). I guess I just don't understand where people get off judging someone else so quickly! I guess its been a long day and this post struck me wrong.

Cute pic BTW!

I thought the same thing and the bottles do look empty.

Diane

shannon0407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon0407 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:54pm
post #12 of 40

icon_confused.gif who's judging? You should see all the med bottles in my house! I think your pillow cake turned out good by the way! And bravo to the little guy for being clever enough to get to that cake!!

Shannie13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannie13 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:55pm
post #13 of 40

That is a total Kodak moment! Great job capturing such an adorable pic! Time to move those cakes!

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:57pm
post #14 of 40
Quote:

Cute pic BTW!

They just made an observation. As a mother of 5, the bottles jumped out at me also. I think that's what mothers do - they notice these things. No one insulted her for it, seems to me they noticed it and were glad the MMF was what he went for.

I also happened to notice that the bottle tops were flipped the right way to the "childproof" setting. He couldn't have gotten those things open if he wanted to anyway... heck, I can't even open them half the time. LOL!

varika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
varika Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #15 of 40
Quote:

Cute pic BTW!

Wow, nice flames! What I got from most of the comments was, "Oooh, hey, it's better that he got up on the stool to eat the fondant than the medicine, isn't it?" and definitely NOT, "YOU LET HIM GET HOW CLOSE TO MEDS!?"

I think it's cute, and she probably has those bottles stored somewhere else by now whether they're empty or not--nobody wants a small child learning how to open them regardless of contents.

And I just hope my first pillow cake--a future project--turns out half so well!

karthurs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karthurs Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #16 of 40

Yeah who's judging? geez...now who is the sensitive one. sigh...

lizziegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizziegirl Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:58pm
post #17 of 40

I don't feel that anybody was judging her, it's all part of the joke. Please don't make something funny and cute so harsh. Let's have fun!

The picture is adorable, I wish I had seen my boys when they ate all the baby shower fondant figures. I too would have taken pictures and then yell at them.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #18 of 40

Great first time pillow, BTW!! I think I would've shrunk into a ball and sobbed had that been for a customer.

Everytime I make a cake for a kids birthday where I attend the party, by the time the cake is served the cake is nearly bare of all the MMF decoration! Of course, the kids get the okay to indulge, but I always wonder what my cakes look like for my customers when it's finally time to blow out the candles!

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #19 of 40

icon_biggrin.gif awww So cute. My daughter once stuck her finger in my first genache cake also,luckily it was also a cake for us at home.
Jeesh please tapedshut.gif the pic is to show this CUTE lil guy eating away MMF off a cute pillow cake NOT the med bottles.

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:11pm
post #20 of 40

I love how he went right for the middle of the cake. Not even trying to hide anything. that is such a cute age.

when you finish your pillow cake, please be sure to post a pic. I'm going to try one next month for a neighbor's girl and will need all the inspiration I can get.

lane52403 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lane52403 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:12pm
post #21 of 40

This picture is so cute. I'm sure most of us who have kids have had a similar experience. You turn your back on a cake for one second..... When I made my last cake for my Course I class, I left it on the table over night, my 3 year old climbed up onto the table and stuck her foot in it. icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gificon_cry.gif I haven't found a safe place in my house yet!!!

nannie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannie Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm
post #22 of 40

HER FOOT!!!

no way

now I'd love a picture of that........... icon_evil.gif

jennifer7777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer7777 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:32pm
post #23 of 40

Cute pic!!! I'm not going to lie..I thought "whoa, glad it wasn't the meds"...but I'm just observant that way. You never know...you THINK your kids can't get into something and they'll surprise you!

How about the time when I finished my hubby's Father's Day cake and I come into the kitchen to see 2 shells of the bottom border gone...."JADA!!!!! Did you touch mommy's cake?" "no"...with chocolate breath! icon_razz.gif

lilahcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilahcakes Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:50pm
post #24 of 40

Thats too funny, I have a 9 month old, and it's crazy what they can get into.

sueco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueco Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:51am
post #25 of 40

I wasn't judging her - it was just an observation I made. And I don't know how that turned it into a "dangerous situation". I know someone whose child DID get into meds though, and it wasn't pretty. And as a mother, I guess I am just aware of these things. Believe me, I wasn't criticizing her, and I thought the picture was cute. I think my original post was "judged", and wrongly at that. But once again, you have to watch every little thing you type so that you don't get burned at the stake.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:55am
post #26 of 40
Quote:

Cute pic BTW!

Sorry didn't mean it as a cristism..It kind of added to the moment. I bet the bottles had sprinkles or jimmies or something like that in them.
I dont think anyone meant anything mean by it.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:30am
post #27 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

One time I had my daughter's cake on the dining room table, still on the turntable, and I caught her licking a groove in it by turning it with her tongue stuck out.

I can absolutely picture my three year old doing this! How cute!

icon_biggrin.gif

lisa_mae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisa_mae Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 1:44pm
post #28 of 40

heres a picture of the cake when it was done i just took the mmf off recoated in buttercream and covered in mmf again. (btw-the pill bottles are empty thats the only time there on the counter like that so my mom knows my dad needs a refill)

iluvjay829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvjay829 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 2:03pm
post #29 of 40

Turned out just beautiful. My 18 month old is allergic to eggs...so no cake or icing for her, but she does love her some MMF!

bcake1960 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bcake1960 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 2:11pm
post #30 of 40

Your cake came out great! congratulations.. I am going to try to tackle one of those bad boys pretty soon.. any hints?? Thanks for posting the finished picture.. and by the way.. don't be afraid to post a picture anytime...sometimes when finishing a cake I know I am excited and want to get a pic to post... not always watching everylittle thing in the background.. hoping people will be looking at the cake... not the pictures on my walls. icon_biggrin.gif Again GREAT PILLOW CAKE!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%