Wilton Dvd's

Decorating By nissi01 Updated 29 Aug 2008 , 5:54pm by sweetideas

nissi01 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:45pm
post #1 of 6

I donât mean to be mean, but I purchased the Wilton Cake Decorating Basics DVD over the weekend, watched it and it was awful. icon_mad.gif I bought it as a refresher. (Itâs been a while since I decorated, and Iâm a bit rusty.) icon_wink.gif My question to you all is this.

Is there a DVD out there that I could purchase so I practice on my techniques? (Unfortunately, I am a visual type of person, so the books that I have are no help to me. I need to see how things are done so I could grasp it) icon_confused.gif

Also, has any one bought the Wilton DVD titled âHow to Make Icing Flowers?â I wanted to practice the royal icing flowers that I learned in Course 2. I wanted an opinion of the DVD before I go and waste my money if itâs not worth it, or if itâs like the Cake Decorating Basics. icon_wink.gif

Any feedback or information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced, Denise

5 replies
stlouiscake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 6

I don't know if you're interested in fondant or gumpaste, but I have several DVDs by Nicholas Lodge and I love them all. Very clear instructions.

leah_s Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 6

There are some very good videos on YouTube (for free.) Just search for cake decorating, or buttercream flowers, etc. Once you find one, YouTube will suggest others of a similar nature.

And then repeat after me, Wilton = crap.

nissi01 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you all for your responses. i do appreciate the feedback

nissi01 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:43pm
post #5 of 6

Opps. I didnt realize that I hit submit twice. Sorry for the bouble post in the forum.

Denise

sweetideas Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 6

This might be a dumb question to add on, but has anyone had any success renting videos like the Nick Lodge ones from a library?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%