I Have A Nfsc Problem.

Baking By carleen2140 Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 5:11pm by Rebelady

carleen2140 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 3

This morning I was gathering and getting ready to make a batch of NFSC.
When mixing the dry ingredients together, and my mind was wandering, it dawned on me that I just added the 2 cups of sugar to the flour mixture.
Now what can I expect. Do I cream the butter alone, add the eggs and extract, and continue with the flour mixture? Will the cookies be gritty.
Dam, I hate when my mind wanders. TIA.
Carleen

2 replies
carleen2140 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:00pm
post #2 of 3

Well, impatient me, could'nt wait for a reply and went ahead and mixed everything............it did'nt work, it looks like "light brown sugar" . At this point I might as well scratch it and start over, although I think I can use it as a base cookie and press it into a 9x13 dish, but I might need 10 dishes. and then I have to find someone who will eat them. Anybody else got any ideas?
Carleen

Rebelady Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 3

Wow! I know exactly how you feel. I can't tell you how many times I've had to re-measure ingredients because I've lost count. If you think it will make a good base cookie try it. If you like it then press and freeze the rest, that way anytime you need a good cookie base you can pop it out of the freezer and into a pan. How about a snickerdoodle type cookie bar? Anyways, good luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%