Best Way To Ship Sugar Cookies

Decorating By carmenid Updated 2 Sep 2008 , 10:37am by Auryn

carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:44pm
post #1 of 4

My boyfriend has birthday coming up and I would like to send him some goodies. He is in Afghanistan. What is the easiest way to ship sugar cookies and will they preserve the long journey (not sure how long it will take) ? do I need to use dry ice?

3 replies
carmenid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmenid Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:07am
post #2 of 4

anyone?

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:44am
post #3 of 4

How long do you think it will take to get there? I think sugar cookies are fine for up to two weeks without a problem. Now, getting them there in one piece might be a problem. Use ziplock bags and lots of bubble wrap.

Good luck.

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 10:37am
post #4 of 4

no dry ice
trust me its a pain when it comes to shipping

the easiest way I have found of doing it is baking the cookies on a sunday

when the cookies are cooled take sheets of plastic wrap and put like 5-10 cookies on it- depending on the size of cookie you make.
wrap them with the plastic wrap
then put them in a well sealed plastic wrap.

I have found the easiest and least expensive way to ship them is priority mail with the US postal service.
Use the flat rate boxes that they give you for free at the post office. They work great and I have found that they usually get to the apo adress in about a week.

Sugar cookies ship fine
I have a recipe for fantastic peanut butter cookies that ship perfectly too. pm me for the recipe if your interested.

I have spent the last 2 years shipping stuff to my boyfriend- hes finally coming home for good today.

I have found that the best "packing peanuts" are things like fresh pairs of socks, packets of twizzlers, packets of handy wipes etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%