What Type Of Flowers, Icing, Etc. What Options To Offer?

Decorating By ezbakin Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm by thebarley7

ezbakin Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 2

I am getting ready to do one of my first wedding cakes. The more I think about things the more frustrated I get. In general speaking, when you are doing cakes for people how do you decide what you should offer them. Typically you know if they want b/c or fondant. After that how do you know if doing flowers should you do b/c or gumpaste, etc. On this order I think I going to keep it simple and do all b/c because they are going to be cutting their cake and its the easiest. It just makes be dizzy with the amount of options that are out there how do you decide what you should do. Any suggestions from more experianced decorators is appreciated. Thank you in advance....... icon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
thebarley7 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 2

<<<<In general speaking, when you are doing cakes for people how do you decide what you should offer them.>>>>

I think the most important thing you need to do when deciding what to offer them is to make a portfolio of sample cakes to show them that are at your skill level and you will be comfortable doing.

Years ago before I had my own pictures to show, I made a notebook with wedding cake pictures for them to choose from, pictures from Wilton books, wedding magazines, cakes from online, etc., of cakes I knew I could do. If you don't want to do gum paste flowers, or royal icing overpiping, don't put it in the book. Having a book with pictures is a great place to start, both giving the bride some choices and keeping it safe for you.

Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%