Royal Icing Plaque

Decorating By HannahLass Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 7:28am by HannahLass

HannahLass Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:16pm
post #1 of 4

Sorry if there is a tutorial or instructions of some kind that I am missing. I have looked and searched but cant find any. I am wanting t make a royal icing plaque but have some questions regarding making one. When I make it what do I make it on that it will come off? I tried to make coral on baking paper and it just stuck like glue there was no getting it off without breaking it all. Which was devestating. Do I just use normal royal icing eggwhites and powdered sugar? Or is there some secret I don't know? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
HanXX

3 replies
Birdlady Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 4

Hi

YOu want to make color flow. It is basically royal icing. First you start off with a stiffer icing and use a tip2 or 3 to outline your shape. Then you begin adding water to your royal ( a drop at a time). you know it is ready when you take some and plop it back in the bowl and it runs smooth on top of the other icing when you count to 10. THis ensures that when you pipe it inside your outlines it will run smooth. THen put icing in bag with tip 2 and fill in with a zig zag motion( tight against last line piped). HOpe this makes sense.

You can also cut a plaque out of fondant, much easier.
Oh, pipe the icing on wax paper. THis will need to dry for 5 - 7 days to be hard.

Good luck

kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 12:29am
post #3 of 4

I hope I'm not too late w/this info for you.
I have found the bigger the piece the more important it is to do the work on plastic wrap instead of wax paper. Much easier to peel off the plastic then try to loosen it from wax paper. If the piece does not peel off easily it is not dry enoughicon_smile.gif
It sounds like you might be making a rather large piece - anything over 3" in any direction.,

HannahLass Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:28am
post #4 of 4

Thank you kakelady and Birdlady, your info is very much appreciated. Instructions I can understand yay! I'm making a football (soccer) team logo for a family birthday My dad and uncle Twins who are devoted to a team called Manchester City and I want to have a go if it doesnt work not the eng of the world but I think your info is going to give me something in my corner lol. Thankyou again. Han XX

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%