What's Your Favorite Flavoring? Need New Ideas...

Decorating By amy2197 Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 1:17pm by APrettyCake

amy2197 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:51am
post #1 of 6

Hi guys. I'm tired of using just plain old vanilla for most of my buttercream. I've heard you guys talk about different flavors out there so I'd love to know what are your favorites. I live out in the middle of nowhere so ones that can be purchased over the internet would be great! Thanks for the info in advance CCers!

5 replies
APrettyCake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 12:12pm
post #2 of 6

Hands down - everyone wants and loves my rum-butter buttercream. I add rum-butter flavor instead of vanilla (and about half as much since it can be strong). People would not eat my cakes without it! Well, they probably would, but kids and adults love it alike. icon_smile.gif

amazinggracecakedesigns Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 12:16pm
post #3 of 6

You can change the flavor of your vanilla buttercream just by using different flavorings. I use mint, orange, & lemon. I also use chocolate buttercream & peanut butter buttercream. Cream cheese is also good. Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

amy2197 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 6

I've heard some people talk about a princess flavoring? please enlighten me...

foxymomma521 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 6

My all time fav is LorAnn's Cheesecake Flavoring. I use half vanilla and half cheesecake. It is to die for!
I like the Princess flavoring in my cakes and cookies, but not in my BC. It has a citrus/vanilla kind of flavor...

APrettyCake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:17pm
post #6 of 6

I just ordered the princess flavoring because I had read so much about it on CC. I am looking forward to trying it, but you are right - does not sound like that flavor would be that great in BC. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%