"the Wig Gig"

Decorating By Sparklycake Updated 27 Aug 2008 , 3:46pm by 7yyrt

Sparklycake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:15am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone,

Looking for some inspiration. My neighbour is undergoing Radium Treatment at the minute for an inoperable Brain Tumour, she is 30 at the end of the year and she's decided she's having her Birthday Party early 'when she's finished this course of treatment', so its not clashing with the Christmas Party Season.

Anyway because she was told she will possibly loose some of her beautiful natural blonde curly hair, she's decided she's having a themed party hence the name "The Wig Gig".

This girl is trying to fight this horrible disease using the wit and bubbly sense of humour she's had since she was born but underneath she's scared senseless (understandably).

I'm looking for idea's for her Birthday Cake. Unfortunately baking a cake and praying her treatment will work is all I can do and it seems very small so I want to make it the most special cake I have ever baked.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies
ChristaPaloma Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 10:51am
post #2 of 5

It has been noted that people with such a positive attitude fare far better in the healing process, so definitely put your energy there with hers. So definitely a big splash celebrating the essential her, picking up on all the things that make her who she is.... her favorite flower to top it off and she will really love it.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 11:11am
post #3 of 5

I love the fact that you are there for her. Depending on her sense of humor and how far into the wig theme you're considering here is an idea:

Last cake on left side:

You could also go more traditional if you think she would prefer that.

Sparklycake Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 9:40am
post #4 of 5

Thanks both of you, was kinda thinking of the blank heads with different hairdo's around the perimeter of the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%