Need To Know..

Decorating By 2waystodo Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 6:27pm by 2waystodo

2waystodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2waystodo Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:46am
post #1 of 3

I have to do a guitar cake. My question is: Has anyone made a cake covered in bc first then covered in fondant, and did not serve the cake till a week later? Will the cake be fresh?

Thank you. icon_rolleyes.gif

2 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:01am
post #2 of 3

Do you plan to refrigerate or freeze it? Part of that answer would relate to what kind of fondant you are using - MMF has a nasty habit of getting shiny and sticky as it comes back to room temp. Then again that could work to your advantage for a guitar.

If you dont' plan to refrig/freeze it, then depending on the recipe the icing could easily last a week and be fresh, however I'd be more concerned about the cake sitting out for that long. No fresh goods last forever, and I'd worry about bacteria or mold having time to get going.

If it were me I'd freeze it, but then again I am really skittish when it comes to freshness and food storage issues. If I'm being dense and you MEANT "will it be ok a week later if it's been refrigerated," I'd say, probably yes, but 100% yes if it was frozen.

2waystodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2waystodo Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:27pm
post #3 of 3

Hi!!! Thank you....
I wasn't planning to refrigate nor freeze...and I think I knew the answer....
I always make my cakes 3 days ahead of time...but this one ...is due at the same time as my daughter-in-law is having my grandson...
I will have to pull a all nighter...I too worried about freshness and God forbid mold...
I take a lot of pride in my cakes and believe in doing to others, as i would want done to me....so it will be fresh..
Anyway, Thank you, for getting back so quick....I thought maybe someone did this and it was ok... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%