Irish0831 Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:35am
post #1 of

I need help! For years, I have been able to purchase my sugar cookie dough in bulk (about 10-15 lb bucket) from a distributing company but now the company is unable to get the bulk dough. They say it is no longer available! I am in southern Illinois. Does anyone know where I can purchase the same thing from. I do not want the 5lb. school fund raiser stuff (good but not near the amount I want) . That seems to be all that I can find short of rolls in the store(NOT) and making it myself and I am all about time saving...really am trying to avoid doing that. Please help! Christmas is coming and my people want lots of decorated cookies!

13 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 2:36pm
post #2 of

You might be out of luck, here. I do not know everyone on this forum, but the ones I do know all make their own dough.

Was there a product name for this dough? If you got it from a distributor, then maybe there's a manufacturer you could contact, to ask them who else you could buy it from in your area.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

littlecake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #3 of

if you have a big mixer, cookie dough is about one of the fastest things you can make.

years go i bought the dough from dawn foods...but it really seemed silly as easy as it is to make.

GeminiRJ Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:25pm
post #4 of

I agree that cookie dough is pretty easy to mix. If you do not want to do it yourself, I would start googling! There has to be a company out there somewhere that can supply you with what you need, and the internet is your best resource.

littlecake Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:37pm
post #5 of

i think sam's might have cookie dough...in the bakery

TracyLH Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:45pm
post #6 of

If you get in a bind and you can't find cookie dough to purchase that you like, you can make the NFSC in advance and freeze it... if you get in a bind, as I realize you are trying to purchase it.

TracyLH Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 5:46pm
post #7 of

If you get in a bind and you can't find cookie dough to purchase that you like, you can make the NFSC in advance and freeze it... if you get in a bind, as I realize you are trying to purchase it.

No-goodLazyBum Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 6:10pm
post #8 of

Irish0831, I feel your pain. I used to buy cookie dough starter from a website kitchenkrafts.com and it was phenomenal. I used it to make cookies for a youth football homecoming game and everyone couldn't believe what they had tasted. Here it is almost 2 years later, the organization is still hinting for more and that product has vanished. In a few weeks I've got to come clean and wow them with something else. I too am not fond of the fundraiser stuff. I have been tearing up the net looking for either the starter or a commercial cookie dough. Anyway the saga continues ...

Lazy

Irish0831 Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 3:12am
post #9 of

I sincerely appreciate all the helpful replies. I will keep trying the internet. I am so short of time at the holiday season that ready-made dough provides me with just one less thing I have to deal with .Thanks!

Honeydukes Posted 29 Aug 2008 , 6:28am
Quote:
Originally Posted by No-goodLazyBum

... I used to buy cookie dough starter...

Okay, hopefully this isn't too dumb a question, but what is cookie dough starter? icon_confused.gif

No-goodLazyBum Posted 11 Sep 2008 , 8:55pm

Wow! This reply is way after the fact but the cookie dough starter was basically the cookie dough dry ingredients only. You add butter and a little liquid. They baked into a Mall quality cookie product.

Honeydukes Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 5:11am

That's okay! I don't bake professionally -- I was just really curious. Thanks for the response! icon_smile.gif

CNCS Posted 12 Sep 2008 , 11:43pm

Try sysco.

butterrich Posted 27 Jun 2010 , 8:47pm

Just joined. I have a cookie shop and will sell you as many pounds of sugar cookie dough as you need. please email me at butterrichcookie@aol.com. Also sell other cookie doughs and baked cookies as well. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%