Disaster Looming.....

Decorating By JennT Updated 14 Aug 2005 , 3:40am by JennT

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 4:49am
post #1 of 8

Ok - so it's not a disaster YET! lol But my stomach is already starting to turn a little...lol. I've got to do this dang motorcycle cake for next saturday & I can't seem to get the stupid pan!!! tapedshut.gif I was outbid yesterday on ebay for one...the person paid over $40 for it...INSANE!!!! icon_mad.gif Right now I'm bidding on one, but I had to put my bid in way early because my husband & I are going fishing out in the Gulf of Mexico at 7am tomorrow (without our 3 kids...yaaayyyy!! icon_biggrin.gif ) and I won't be around to play the bidding game right before it's ending... icon_sad.gif I always get good deals by putting my bid in just a minute or even seconds before it's ending. So if I don't win this pan, then I have only two choices: 1- buy the pantastic pan, which I'm not crazy about. I've heard good things about how they cook and all, but the design of the motorcycle is a little too old-fashioned for my needs. The bday guy's bike is more closely resembled in the wilton motorcycle pan, so that's what I'd really like to have. OR choice 2- try to do a bct....never done one before but willing to try. Only problem is I can't seem to find a decent black&white drawing or clip art of a motorcycle!!!!! tapedshut.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gif I have 3 graphics programs & all I can find are very cartoony or juvenile ones or ones that are too "sketchy" looking and don't have the definition I need to do a bct from. Searched online only to get the same results. icon_cry.gif

I want to just scream!!!!!!! lol Why does wilton have to constantly be retiring pans??? It seems like the only time I need one, it's a retired one!! icon_mad.gif

Haven't even turned my oven on and this cake's already falling apart!!!

Jenn

7 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 5:01am
post #2 of 8

I will check my clipart Cd's and see if I can find one. The other option would be to have an edible image made. That would be really easy!!! I will post back if I find a usable pic!
traci icon_smile.gif

JennT Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 5:11am
post #3 of 8

Thanks, Traci...that's so sweet of you! icon_biggrin.gif I would probably do an edible image, but this customer specifically asked me not to. I said no problem, didn't think it would be....now it is....aaaarrrgggg!!! lol

Jenn

traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 5:40am
post #4 of 8

This was the best that I could find.
traci
LL

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 6:12am
post #5 of 8
BigEasyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BigEasyCakes Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 6:28am
post #6 of 8

You could do a Google Image search for MOTORCYCLE.......it's always worked for me.

NottawaChelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NottawaChelle Posted 13 Aug 2005 , 8:36am
post #7 of 8

Does this help?
LL

JennT Posted 14 Aug 2005 , 3:40am
post #8 of 8

THANK YOU ALL SOOO MUCH!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I'm going to print them out and see which looks like the best to do a practice one with. I thought about doing it tonight, but I've been out in the gulf fishing with my DH all day....sooooo sunburnt!! And still have the rocking back and forth sensation/illusion...don't have my land-legs back on yet. We were out on the water from 7:30 this morning until 8 pm tonight!! That'd be a funny bct if I tried to do it now!!! lol Imagine - a seasick motorcycle bct...lol

Thanks again! I really appreciate your help icon_biggrin.gif

Jenn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%