I Can Get My Own Business (Yeah!!!)

Decorating By pjaycakes Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 12:02am by how-sweet-it-is

pjaycakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 11

I just spoke with a man who is renting his kitchen at a local coffee shop. He said he isn't going to charge me rent, but would want me to make cookies, muffins, brownies, etc for their display case. It is a very small coffee shop, so I don't think there would be too much work involved. I would make up the dough/batter and they would bake it in the morning. They close at 6:00 p.m. so I would have the whole place to myself in the evenings. I work during the day, so it works out great for us both. Thanks to Jessica for steering me to the commercialkitchensforrent.com website.

I'm so excited, I can have my own legal business now. Now I have to think of a good name.

10 replies
krystyne_wilson Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 11

Congrats that's AWESOME!!! What a blessing for you and the business owner!

Suzies_Sweats-n-Treats Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 11

Wow! That sounds like a great deal. Plus if he has a steady customer base, you will probably pick up some business from him. Good luck!

aundrea Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 11

congrats!!! let us know how it goes.

stephaniescakenj Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 11

Congratulations! You are so very lucky!

uschi1 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 11

Congratulations!

How about Patty Cakes for a business name???

mixinvixen Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:17pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjaycakes

I just spoke with a man who is renting his kitchen at a local coffee shop. He said he isn't going to charge me rent, but would want me to make cookies, muffins, brownies, etc for their display case. It is a very small coffee shop, so I don't think there would be too much work involved. I would make up the dough/batter and they would bake it in the morning. They close at 6:00 p.m. so I would have the whole place to myself in the evenings. I work during the day, so it works out great for us both. Thanks to Jessica for steering me to the commercialkitchensforrent.com website.

I'm so excited, I can have my own legal business now. Now I have to think of a good name.

just checked out this link...you actually need to knock off that "s" in kitchen, according to google...

thanks for the heads up...getting ready to head over there now!!

pjaycakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:24pm
post #8 of 11

I seriously thought about Patty Cakes, but I'm not sure if it sounds to childish (no offense to anyone), I am going to offer my customers and probably their's too some healthier options such as whole wheat products and stuff made with agave nectar.

Here is a list of names I came up with maybe you guys can help me pick one.

Patty Cakes
Cakes Your Way
Cakes and more
Occasional Cakes
Cake Creations

I'm also open for other suggestions. I'm just so excited I can hardly think.

mom42ws Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:35pm
post #9 of 11

that's awesome!! how exciting icon_smile.gif

mixinvixen Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:43pm
post #10 of 11

i like pattycakes, no space.

i really mulled over and over and over (ok you get it! icon_redface.gif )about my business name. finally, i nailed it down to "confection perfection" which sounds elite, elegant, formal...or "sugarbabies" which sounds fun, playful, whimsical, and creative. i call my daughter that as a nickname, and that's also what i consider each of the cakes to be that goes out my door...my little sugarbabies.

i settled on the 2nd one, and i'm constantly getting compliments like "great name"! i think it makes people smile and instantly warm up to me. no exaggeration, i probably get at least one compliment on it for every 3 or 4 business cards i give out...it also seems to stick in peoples mind well, which is what i'm definitely needing!

starla

how-sweet-it-is Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 12:02am
post #11 of 11

theres a pattycakes in columbus ga.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%