Anyone Every Heard Of This Icing Recipe?

Baking By SugarBakerz Updated 8 Sep 2008 , 3:42am by ylescu

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:51pm
post #1 of 8

I have been trying to figure out a recipe to pour of my cookies. I have seen it and tried it, it isn't royal.... someone else around here who does cakes said it was powdered sugar, 1 egg white and flavoring... does this even sound right? I can't fathom how that would make a poured icing. The ones I have seen are done about 1/8 thick of icing per cookie and it completely covers the cookie and it isn't sheer. They then go back and use BC for decorations... any tips or suggestions?

7 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 12:41am
post #2 of 8

Royal icing is egg white and powdered sugar. People use meringue powder in place of egg white to reduce the risk of getting ill from raw eggs.

SugarBakerz Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 8

hmmmmm well this is definitely not royal because it is still chewable and not hard, guess she was wrong. Thanks though.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:24pm
post #4 of 8

Is it a piped icing? I mean, can you see the outline on the edge of the cookie? If there is no outline, then it is rolled fondant, which is why it is soft and chewy.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 4:14pm
post #5 of 8

no not piped, it is poured... it isn't fondant I know that for sure.... it is a poured icing and dries non sheer and looks like it is about 1/8 inch ratio to the cookie in thickness.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 8

Is it Antonia74 royal icing. Her recipe is a bit sweeter than regular royal and dries beautifully.

jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 2 Sep 2008 , 2:04pm
post #7 of 8

Lori, don't know if you found it yet, but what you are looking for is a glaze made with powedered sugar, water, flavoring and corn syrup. This galze is left to dry for 24 hours and becomes dry but very palatable. It's actually my kids favorite for cookies.

ylescu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ylescu Posted 8 Sep 2008 , 3:42am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

I have been trying to figure out a recipe to pour of my cookies. I have seen it and tried it, it isn't royal.... someone else around here who does cakes said it was powdered sugar, 1 egg white and flavoring... does this even sound right? I can't fathom how that would make a poured icing. The ones I have seen are done about 1/8 thick of icing per cookie and it completely covers the cookie and it isn't sheer. They then go back and use BC for decorations... any tips or suggestions?

Try to check a recipe for poured fondant icing (as opposed to a rolled fondant which is used for cakes), that's normally used to ice cookies and dries with a finish just like the one you're describing. HTH icon_biggrin.gif [/i]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%