Fresh Flowers On Wedding Cake?

Decorating By grammynan Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm by jibbies

grammynan Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 4

I'd like to know about fresh flowers that cascade down the side of a wedding cake. Does the florist make an arrangement for that? Who orders it, the bride or the cake decorator? And what about fresh flowers scattered all over the cake? How are these done? If the florist makes them, are they paid for by the bride or do I included them in the price of the cake?

I'd appreciate any information you CCers can give me!

3 replies
Cake_Princess Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammynan

I'd like to know about fresh flowers that cascade down the side of a wedding cake. Does the florist make an arrangement for that? Who orders it, the bride or the cake decorator? And what about fresh flowers scattered all over the cake? How are these done? If the florist makes them, are they paid for by the bride or do I included them in the price of the cake?

I'd appreciate any information you CCers can give me!

You should ask the bride to have the florist supply them. Let her pick up the tab. The cake decorator should be the person to finish off the cake with the flowers.

melvin01 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 4

Also make sure that the flowers they use are not toxic since they will be touching the frosting.

If the florist provides the cascade, make them wrap the stems in florist tape or provide the plastic water plugs to put into the cake.

For flowers as a topper, I have used clear saran wrap (cut to the size of the top tier) or wax paper so they won't be sitting directly on the frosting.

jibbies Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 4

Whenever I have had brides that wanted fresh flowers on her cake I always tell her at the consultation that she is responsible for getting them. I give her a simple drawing with the measurments to take to her florist.

Jibbies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%