Everything Is Going Wrong I Cannot Take It Any More.

Lounge By friendly Updated 6 Sep 2008 , 8:05am by fondantgrl

friendly Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:53am
post #1 of 17

My whole world is falling apart for the past three years my husband has had cancer with on going problems and now is in hospital with either a heart attack or damage to the heart due to cancer. Problem number two . We have family living with us my youngest son and his wife and two small children 2 1/2 and 1 year old. My daughter -in -law suffers from depression so mood swing are all over the place (they live in the top of the house we are down stairs in the flat.) they pay us rent which helps with our expenses but it hard to listen to her yelling at the children and then 2 1/2 comes to me for comfort. Problem number three My eldest son who live 2000km away is a chaplain in the defence services he is now on stress leave for six months they say he is having post tramatic stress due to a bad motor cycle accident nine years ago and the stress of being deployed three times but I think the biggest problem is his 16 years old daughter who has been causing a lot of trouble with drinking and drugs. Problem four My eldest daughter husband who is also a minister was charged ten years ago with expossing himself to two boys when he was 18 he is now 46. He said he did not do anything but was given a probation for 2 years. His church now is saying they will no longer employ him. I am putting off ringing them at the moment. And now I have had to say no to my niece that I cannot my her wedding cake I feel I cannot cope with it also she live 3000km. And I not sure if I will be able to get to the wedding.Sorry this is long but I have no one to talk too my best friend who I would ring has just lost her mother. Oh well back to the hospital

16 replies
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:05am
post #2 of 17

I'm so sorry! *hug* You can PM me anytime and I will write you back. It sounds like u have been dealt alot right now. Make sure you are taking care of yourself, ok? When someone is under that kind of stress and worrying about so many people and things they often neglect themselves. I will be thinking of you and your family tonight - hang in there and PM me anytime, ok? icon_smile.gif

ladyellam Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 6:17am
post #3 of 17

Friendly--I'm so sorry about all of your troubles. You really do have a lot on your plate. Like cakediva said make sure you take care of yourself. I'm here to if you need to talk to someone. I'm a great listener and if I can help, I would gladly do it.

Try and get some rest and know your friends at cc are here for you.

dragonflydreams Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:13am
post #4 of 17

. . . hang onto your faith my friend . . . His power is made perfect in our weakness . . . even when it seems your unending trial is about to finally end . . . and then you find yourself deeper in yet another valley . . . remember He is faithful . . . and He is there . . . lean on Him . . . sending many prayers and big hugs your way . . . stay strong . . . be blessed . . .

Meemawfish Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:19pm
post #5 of 17

I am so sorry about all the bad things you are being put through right now but please know that it will get better. I am a firm beliver that god will not give you more than you can bear. I will pray for you and your family and I hope everything will get better for ya'll. icon_biggrin.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:54pm
post #6 of 17

Beloved, if you need a short reminder of God's faithfulness, read Ruth. It's a short book, only 4 chapters long, but it says soooo much about losing everything but God will be there to redeem you. God sends us these trials for a reason. Talk to Him about it, He will always listen.

Ruth 2:12: "May the Lord reward you for your deeds, and may you have a full reward from the Lord, the God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge!"

If you would like, I can add you to the prayer requests at the bible study I go to. Just pm me your name.

itsmylife Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:22pm
post #7 of 17

Just wanted to let you know that I feel for you. Try to take a few minutes each day to clear your head and focus. You have an overwhelming amount of stress you are dealing with..... but you will get through it.

PM me anytime you need to talk, vent, etc.....

lindy01 Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 7:18am
post #8 of 17

hi. i'm so sorry to hear of your troubles. i find it best if you just go for a walk by your self even for 5 minutes. it clears your head well. i hope that good fortune comes your way. stay strong.

Eliza Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 8:22am
post #9 of 17

Here is a big hug for you. ((((HUG))). Just remember to take care of yourself! I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

michellenj Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:34pm
post #10 of 17

I'm so sorry that you are having a rough time right now. It seems like when it rains, it pours sometimes. Just remember, you cannot control every single thing in your life. My family is really messed up, and the times that I have thought I could not take another thing, could not stand it another minute, somehow things got better, if just a little bit.

Hang in there, and your CC family is here for you!

-K8memphis Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 10:46pm
post #11 of 17

God bless you, Friendly.

(((((GIANT HUG)))))

KASCARLETT Posted 27 Aug 2008 , 11:32pm
post #12 of 17

I have no magic words of advice. I can and will offer my prayers for you and your family.

God Bless

Dordee Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 3:42pm
post #13 of 17

Wow, it sounds like you are being put through the ringers right now. Please lean on God, He can and will bring you through this.

Suzycakes Posted 28 Aug 2008 , 6:44pm
post #14 of 17

You will be in my prayers also.

Read and remember this - it's an oldie but a goodie!

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

âYou promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?â

The Lord replied, âThe years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.â

Pookie59 Posted 4 Sep 2008 , 9:58pm
post #15 of 17

So sorry for all of your problems. Gee, I had a meltdown the other day over a rude woman/traffic issue.

I'll pray for you.

Pookie59 Posted 5 Sep 2008 , 9:29pm
post #16 of 17

I thought about your post a lot last night and wondered about solutions to all of those problems.

Is the DIL on medication? It sounds like she needs some. Maybe a part time job would be a good thing for her. As much as I loved my children, staying home with them when they were young was hard for me. I was bored, isolated and depressed.

As to your grown children... I can sure relate. I tend to stress over my grown sons' problems and before I know it their problems are making ME crazy. But, I think I've finally decided that I cannot be everyone's saviour. It's not my job and frankly I'm not qualified. My sons' problems belong to them. I'll help when I can and when I feel it's necessary, but for the most part they need to work things out for themselves.

I guess the bottom line is, don't let everyone else's problems give you a nervous breakdown.

fondantgrl Posted 6 Sep 2008 , 8:05am
post #17 of 17

First of all, I'm sorry that you are going thru such hard times. I hope things will get better for you.

Now, as for you children, they are not minors, therefore they are not your problems !!! Your husband and your home are your priorities. Focus on that. Don't waste your time worrying about your adult children. They are old enough to take care of their own problems and their own lives. I mean really, what can do about the yelling wife and your depressed son ? If the yelling results to child abuse, then call the Police or Child Protective Custody. But don;t lose sleep over your Daughter In Law who has mental problems and your depressed son. You are just too busy taking of your husband and yourself. Your husband needs you more. You are the only one who can give him all the attention and care he needs. Be there for him. Forget your grown up sons. Maybe once in a while check on them, but don;t include them in your list of problems and to do list. Don't be a martyr.. Good luck.. and take care.

Quote by @%username% on %date%