Traveling Decorator Looking For Potential Jobs Across The Us

Decorating By tattooedlucy Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 1:39am by tattooedlucy

tattooedlucy Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:22am
post #1 of 4

Alright, I know this is kinda odd... but I have decided that I am not learning anything new at my job, and I need to move on. I would like to go to Hawaii first, and work my way to LA.. but I have no issues hitting anywhere else. Soo... if anyone has a shop, and is willing to give work to a pretty skilled decorator, who has huge potential and is completely unafraid to try anything new I'm your girl. I'm slightly crazy, tattooed from neck to foot.. and draw in a lot of attention. (Think Kat Von D with cake) If you want to see more samples of my work, I am more than willing to send them.

(and if you have any leads, hook me up!)

3 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:31am
post #2 of 4

Are you strictly a decorator, or are you trained in pastry, too?

There's an assistant pastry chef opening in NYC at Buddakan.

Here's the entire list from StarChefs -

12. Top 10 Jobs on StarChefs JobFinder
F & B Leader
Management Position at Luxury Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, Atlanta

Line Cooks
Join the Kitchens of August in NYC!
Townhouse Restaurant Group
New York

Pastry Chef
Sweet Opportunity in DC area
Restaurant Associates
District of Columbia

Production Chef/Commissary Manager
New Shake Shack Opens This Fall!
Union Square Hospitality Group
New York

SousChef - Gardemanger
Great Opportunity for Artistic Chef
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch

Culinary Sales Representative
Leading Importer of Gourmet Foods Seeks Sales Rep!
Paris Gourmet
New York

Restaurant General Manager
Great opportunity

Assistant Pastry Chef
Buddakan in NYC is hiring an Assistant Pastry Chef!
STARR Restaurants
New York

Great Cooks Needed for Three Restaurants!
Empire City Gaming at Yonkers Raceway
New York

Supervisor - In Room Dining
Room Service Supervisor at Luxury Hotel
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

Also check in the back of ACD. They post job openings in the classified section there. Also check in Craigslist.

If I had a shop, I'd hire you in a minute. You can do old-school - that would be important to me. Tats don't bother me - boehmes are free-thinkers, and that's what makes an artist unique.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Mizuki Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:32am
post #3 of 4

I don't have a shop, or any leads...but I think you'd be a blast to make cake and hang out with! thumbs_up.gif
Good luck to you!

tattooedlucy Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:39am
post #4 of 4

Unfortunatly I don't have any formal training (Was trained as a makeup artist before finding cake)... just strictly self taught.. I know that puts me at a huge disadvantage... and it kinds sucks.. but hopefully it won't hold me back. For someone that has been working in a production based environment for 2 years, and only been doing the fun stuff on the special occasion (I do have quite a following at my store) I'm pretty badass and modest too. I do work super fast, I can produce a wedding cake in a little over an hour...
I have never worked with pastry.. though given a chance I could learn it quickly.

Quote by @%username% on %date%