How Do I Attach Mmf Circles To Buttercream?

Decorating By GenGen Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 3:59am by GenGen

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:12am
post #1 of 5

Would i use royal icing or buttercream? i worry the buttercream would caues it to slide off.. thoughts?

the cake i'm doing soon is inspired by Artistintraining07's sex in the city cake but will be modified.. (mob kept changing her mind lol)

Thanks so much AIT, you were such a big help and i appreciate your time!

the cake the mom and bride chose was a round version... then the colors changed to the base frosting being buttercream (instead of fondant in the pic) with orange and pink circles instead of black and pink. and of course a wedding cake topper instead with the bride dragging a reluctant groom.

i plan on making mmf circles and attaching them to the buttercream and if she doesn't get the rhinestone trim intime i may have to make the trim with mmf also but thats no big.. i just need to know for sure what she's doing.

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:24am
post #2 of 5

It's a simple thingicon_smile.gif Just pipe an open circle of b'cream on the b ack of the fondant peice to attach to b';cream

GenGen Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:28am
post #3 of 5

glad to know that works. i was worried the additional buttercream would cause the circles to slide where no circle has gone before (lol)

melissablack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melissablack Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:27am
post #4 of 5

I just wet the back of the fondant with a little clear vanilla.

GenGen Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 3:59am
post #5 of 5

duley noted! thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%