Bronwen's Chocolate Derrick

Decorating By Mac Updated 26 Aug 2008 , 3:04pm by mixinvixen

Mac Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:50am
post #1 of 9

You guys need to go to Bronwen's site:
to see the 9-foot tall cake that she and her team made. It is a chocolate derrick that shoots melted chocolate out of the top.

When you get to her site--click on: video of nine foot tall cake.

8 replies
Parable Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:00am
post #2 of 9

Go Bronwen Go!

funbun Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:11am
post #3 of 9

That's awesome! Thanks for the link icon_biggrin.gif

tracycakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:19am
post #4 of 9

Cool! She taught a class here in May and she was talking about the oil derrick that they were going to be making in the next couple of weeks. She said it was the only cake for that week when we were talking about how many cakes they make a week. And she had engineers working on the process to make the oil come out of the top. It's so cool to see the final product!

BlakesCakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:54am
post #5 of 9

More on the story:

This derrick was done for a very wealthy Texan. His wife came in (apparently with more money than she know what to do with....) and started throwing out some wild ideas. Bronwen kept pace with her--and in the end agreed to do something like 300+ individual cakes with A HAND MODELED PHEASANT ON EACH CAKE..............

Bronwen & her staff had to scramble to figure out an assembly line way of making the freakin' pheasants--but in a way that they would look alike, but not "machine" made.

Bronwen told this story during an animal modeling class at Cake Camp. She says that she was paid VERY well !

Sheesh, I'd sure hope so........300+ freakin' pheasants.............. icon_cry.gif

marybible Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:07pm
post #6 of 9

WOW. Thats all I can say.

mixinvixen Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 9

oh...what would it be like to have enough money to wipe your ass with a pheasant?

Mac Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 1:28pm
post #8 of 9
Originally Posted by mixinvixen

oh...what would it be like to have enough money to wipe your ass with a pheasant?

wow--what an image that created in my mind---LOL!
I know where you're coming from!

mixinvixen Posted 26 Aug 2008 , 3:04pm
post #9 of 9

ooopsss...mouth and fingers engaged while brain was still sputtering

Quote by @%username% on %date%