Does Satin Ice Come In Bright White?

Decorating By calebsmom45 Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 1:02am by playingwithsugar

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:42am
post #1 of 5

I am making a white wedding cake and I really like Satin ice but it is not very white. I don't want the cake to look ivory or dirty white! I saw that Choco-pan has a bright white but does Satin Ice? I have never used Choco-pan and won't have much time to practice with it. Also, I do not know how it taste? Any ideas? Thanks

4 replies
PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:46am
post #2 of 5

No they only have standard white (plus ivory, chocolate, and their color range), but it's all I use and I can honestly say my cakes have never looked "dirty" lol, and definitely don't look ivory (put something ivory next to it and you'll see the huge difference).

calebsmom45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calebsmom45 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:54am
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I don't necessairly mean dirty, hehe. I just want it to be white white, and the satin ice that I just used up seemed a little off white. But then again I am a worry wart and this is the first wedding cake I have done and it is for my sister so I want it to be perfect. I usually color the Satin ice so the color has not been an issue before. Thanks, I think I will stick to the Satin ice.

Copacabanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Copacabanya Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:01am
post #4 of 5

Fondx has a virgin white that is a pure, bright white. It's all I ever use. One word of warning though, what they use to make it that bright white seems to keep it from taking on some of the very deep colors. I haven't found anything I can't work around with it though.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:02am
post #5 of 5

You could airbrush it with white airbrush color, or dust it with pearl dust, to achieve the bright white you are looking for. Would the design allow for pearl dust to be applied?

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%