Licensing In Texas

Business By angelatx Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 12:32am by SweetConfectionsChef

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 10:16pm
post #1 of 7

I am sure this has been asked before and I tried looking to see, but didn't find anything for tx. If anyone can please tell me what the rules or regulations or licensing for doing work out of home would be. Haven't really sold anything as of yet, mostly for friends and family, but... I would like to. I am sure each city might have their own requirements, but I would appreciate any information someone already has for Tx. I am in mildand/odessa btw. Thanks so much in advance!! eveyone have a sweet day!!

Angela icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 7

You can not license your home kitchen in Texas. Contact your county Health Department and they will tell you if you need to contact them, the city or the state if you are trying to open a shop.

MadeYaLook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarduengo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarduengo Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 10:29pm
post #4 of 7

Here's a bump because I would love to hear the answer, too!

From what I have heard and read, Texas (or at least the Dallas area) doesn't license home bakers but I'm hoping someone else has a different answer!

womanzano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
womanzano Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 10:32pm
post #5 of 7

I think if you're going to bake from home in Texas it has to be in a space seperate from where you prepare your "family" meals and has to have a separate entrance from your home. There may even be a rule about having pets. I found good info in the forums...you may have to change the search options to find it all. Maybe it's just me but it seems like this question comes up the most for Texas...

Good luck,

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 7

Thnks ya'll for the info. i went to the links and it helped a bit. i need to see what the regulations are in my area like everyone saids and see what i can do. thnk you so much for the responses!! icon_smile.gif cake and cookie decorators ROCK!!! hehe

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:32am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarduengo

Here's a bump because I would love to hear the answer, too!

From what I have heard and read, Texas (or at least the Dallas area) doesn't license home bakers but I'm hoping someone else has a different answer!

Sorry, but there is not different answer in Texas. You absolutely can NOT license your home kitchen.

It seems like this question comes up all of the time and the best thing anyone can do is to contact their Health Department.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%