Mmf And Store Brand Confectioner's Sugar

Decorating By __Jamie__ Updated 25 Aug 2008 , 1:31am by __Jamie__

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 4

So the first time I made MMF, I followed the directions by using C&H Confectioner sugar...turned out beautifully. This time, all I had was Wallyworld (didn't want to say the store name....) confectioner's sugar. Turned out hard, and crumbly. Anyone else had this experience? I see that the ingredients in the sugar are exactly the same, but maybe not really? Wonder if I just had a bad day with MMF, or if it really is important to use "good" sugar. Off I go to buy C&H and try again! icon_biggrin.gif Oh, and no amount of kneading with crisco would bring it back either!

3 replies
Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 4

You know, I always use WW sugar...but I cannot say that I've noticed a difference one way or the other if I had to stray from WW brand. Was the bag of sugar the exact same and the other brand you use? It sounds like it had too much sugar in it. On the otherhand, could be that the WW brand has more cornstarch or something like that.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:29am
post #3 of 4

I use Target brand Powder sugar and it turned out good.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:31am
post #4 of 4

Yeah, maybe it was just a bad mmf day. Since I had such good results with the name brand, I think I will just stick with it from now on. Until it really starts to bust my budget...lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%