How On Earth Do We 'print Directly Onto Cookie'? See Pic

Baking By TracyLH Updated 15 Sep 2008 , 2:53pm by TracyLH

TracyLH Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 18

Hi Ladies,

Okay, I came across this and am really curious how we would do this. I could see how great this idea would be for many different types of cookies. Sometimes having that bit of sleeker look with printing would be nice.

I know it is not an edible image as the background is not white and they say "Our sophisticated printing technology allows us to customize each cookie with the names" and on another site, they say that they "print directly onto cookie". Has anyone seen this done? What machine do we use? Any ideas??? I am perplexed!

17 replies
kimsmom Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 18

It might be some sort of silk screening or maybe just a stencil and dry brushing luster dust. Looks interesting though. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

playingwithsugar Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:29am
post #3 of 18

Kimsmom -

I think your first guess is correct - silkscreening.

I've done dry dust brushing, and it's not that clean.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

KHalstead Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:30am
post #4 of 18

http://www.sweetart.com/

check this out!! It prints images and things directly onto cakes and cookies.......wild stuff!

playingwithsugar Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:35am
post #5 of 18

Wow, That's Cool!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

kimsmom Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:41am
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Wow, That's Cool!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Ditto to that. What will they think up next?

GeminiRJ Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 11:58am
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

http://www.sweetart.com/

check this out!! It prints images and things directly onto cakes and cookies.......wild stuff!

I've seen this before, and it is incredibly cool! I must've seen a video of it in action...even cooler! And if I ever win the lottery, I'm buying one!

leannsloan Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:10pm
post #8 of 18

TracyLH I would love to see what the cookie looks like it will not come up for me can you pm me thanks.

robinscakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 12:18pm
post #9 of 18

Wow, that looks cool. I wonder how much they cost???? Probably more that I can afford right now! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried a rubber stamp on a cookie. I wonder if that would work??? Certainly would be a cheaper option!

SweetDreamsAT Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:41pm
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinscakes

Wow, that looks cool. I wonder how much they cost???? Probably more that I can afford right now! I was wondering if anyone has ever tried a rubber stamp on a cookie. I wonder if that would work??? Certainly would be a cheaper option!

That is amazing! I found the price - $5500. That's a lot of cookies icon_smile.gif

tasha27 Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 1:50pm
post #11 of 18

I did try a rubber stamp once on some Christmas cookies that I made they turned out out but if I used to much color then of course it was to thick but the cookies are in my photos check them out.

Tasha

TracyLH Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:39pm
post #12 of 18

Thanks for the info, Tina (KHalstead)! I just saw the price and as I am not a pro, it is out of my league (sniffle, sniffle). Fabulous though for those who can do it and you have answered my question! Hopefully over time the price will come down (hopefully a lot!) or someone else will come up with a less expensive version because this printing directly on a cookie idea has so much potential!

Robinscakes - I just saw a forum thread where they talked about using rubber stamps. You cannot use those at craft stores as they are not food safe. There are some out there that are and names are listed on the forum link: http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-600616-stamp.html

Thanks for everyone's help!

robinscakes Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 2:43pm
post #13 of 18

Thanks TracyLH!!!! Sounds like something fun to try!

kimsmom Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 3:35pm
post #14 of 18

Wow, the price on that!!! I'd never use it enough to justify buying one.

TracyLH Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 4:56pm
post #15 of 18

Ditto on that Kimsmom, but my mind is overflowing with ideas for it!

cupcake Posted 3 Sep 2008 , 7:19am
post #16 of 18

two years ago I invested in the printing machine made by sweet art. Along with the computer program comes a package of templets for the various sizes of round cookies. Once I got comfortable with the process I started making my own templets for other shapes. It works great for monograming and photos. It is a paperless machine, prints directly on the cookie. It will also print directly on a cake. The ink runs about $75 and depends on how many cookies you do as to how long it lasts.

foxymomma521 Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:21pm
post #17 of 18

Okay Ladies... I know it's a long shot, and I have no idea if anyone actually wants one of these... but there is one listed on my local craigslist for $2k. (I think they sell new for 5k?) Just figured I'd post the link...
http://buffalo.craigslist.org/bfs/839837446.html

TracyLH Posted 15 Sep 2008 , 2:53pm
post #18 of 18

SO cool and I am so happy for whoever gets that toy! Wish I lived in Buffalo (and had the money!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%