How Can You Tell If A Filling Will Be Shelf Stable?

Decorating By MeMo07 Updated 24 Aug 2008 , 3:44am by MeMo07

MeMo07 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:23am
post #1 of 4

I'm just full of questions today for the cake that didn't want to be- lol! I've overcame so much today, I'd hate for this to ruin it! I have this for the filling- I didn't even stop to think if it'd need to be refrigerated or not. Is there some way to tell? A magical formula? icon_smile.gif Thanks for any help you can give. icon_smile.gif

"Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
Whip up 2 cups of heavy cream, 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla, then gently fold in 1/2 cup of Nutella (other chocolate-hazelnut spread can be used). Makes 4 1/2 cups. "

(I used more like...well, a whole cup of Nutella...I love that stuff!icon_smile.gif)

3 replies
MeMo07 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:27am
post #2 of 4

Oh, and we'll be eating it in about.....14 hours...so it's not going to be out for days.

CuteCakeName Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:41am
post #3 of 4

I'm no expert, but I'd think that would need refrigeration, since it's a mousse made with cream.... I did something similar for my Butterfinger cake. Just to be on the safe side, I would refrigerate.

Heather

MeMo07 Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 3:44am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteCakeName

I'm no expert, but I'd think that would need refrigeration, since it's a mousse made with cream.... I did something similar for my Butterfinger cake. Just to be on the safe side, I would refrigerate.

Heather

That's what I was thinking too...(and afraid of, LOL)

I guess AFTER I finish the cakes (Somewhere around two, I'll bet) I'll clean out my fridge too...icon_smile.gif

(My 1 year old got sick on the worst possible day!)

I was just curious, because isn't ganache stable? And it's got cream....And one of these cakes is Fondant, how will that work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%